April 21, 2020

Noooooo............


Well, I discovered ~ shortly after I had written my post letting eveyone know that I finally received an unemployment check ~ that the money was from our state tax refund, not my unemployment $$.  My co-workers said that the check was deposited on Tuesday morning, so I thought I should just wait.  

Nothing.  

So, maybe they don't have the correct bank routing number?  Or the checking account number?  Although all that information is still the same from the last time I collected unemployment.   Or are they postponing my payments because of the appeal to back date my claim?  That appeal meeting is not until May 5th ~ arghhhhh.

So now I am forced to call.  I have been calling for the last half hour, and cannot get through.  It is either busy, or if I do get the recorded greeting, once I go through all the steps I get the message that they are busy and I should call back.  This could take all frickin day.  Seriously.  One of my co-workers that called spent hours trying to get through, and finally was able to leave a message.  Three hours later they called her back.  😔

I also had to throw out the chuck roast that I accidentally left out all night while thawing it out.  

Who did I piss off?

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the check. I can't even get one. As for the roast. I would have roasted it anyway. Sitting on the counter over night as it thawed would not be that bad. It's never made me sick anyway. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romeo is pretty strict about that stuff, and if I had taken it out later in the evening, I would have gone for it....but I had taken it out around noon. So, that's a little too long even for me. All I need right now is to get sick from food poisoning!

      Delete
  2. So many claims, probably short staff from the virus, this is going to take a while...hopefully not too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of my co-workers are receiving payments. I don't know what the hold up is on mine! My hearing date is May 5th, and I am wondering if they are waiting for that to be settled.

      Delete
  3. Unemployment offices everywhere are struggling to keep up with the influx of new filings. And people who have jobs to go back to are treated differently, or rather the process is different. In Oregon right now are people who filed in mid-March and STILL have not received a check!!!

    I'm with Peg... I would have eaten the roast beast, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get that it's really crazy busy. I am comparing my situation to my co-workers, who are ALL getting weekly checks. I seem to be the last hold out. Frustrating.

    It made me angry at myself for forgetting the roast. But it had been sitting out for over 12 hours.....that's too long!

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...