July 14, 2018

Soldiering on.......


While I was watching all the blather on Wimbledon, Romeo washed the windows outside, set the sheets into the wash, and just finished replacing the faucet in the downstairs bathroom.  All this activity set me into motion to get dressed (haha), slip in the contacts and begin working on my essay. All week long I thought the essay was due today, but after checking, discovered it's due tomorrow.  Even if I finish it today, I won't submit it until tomorrow.  It never hurts to check it after you've finished it up.

I was so sad that Nadal couldn't pull off a win against Djokovic.  It was an exciting game to watch though.  Sometime today ~ which I didn't realize until later that Wimbledon will go on and on all day long until the women final begins.  It will be interesting to see if Kerber will win against Williams.  If her game is really on, Kerber should win.  Williams is gaining in the rankings, but she still has a ways to go before her game returns to her previously unbeatable level.  Honestly, it was great to see other players rise in the standings while Williams was off on maternity leave.  I know that a great many people dislike watching tennis because of the noises some players make as they hit the ball.  I say they should just mute the tv (unless you like the commentary) and watch a game that is really entertaining.  Golf?  Please.  It has the entertainment value of watching a slug crawl, although I should mention I don't enjoy golf.  What's really funny is that my Mom likes to watch it, and she never played.  Well, she says she likes to watch, but I think it's her caregiver who will watch any sport on tv ~ except tennis.  Their loss, I say.

Well, break time is over, and I need to get back to work.  Darn it.

Love, 365



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...