July 24, 2018

Apathy.....

Yep.   Meh.....

I'm only a little ahead of the game ~ our final is tomorrow.  I spent my lunch time reviewing the first 6 chapters, the rest I just read last week.  I could spend tonight writing a bit on my paper.  I should be writing on my paper.  I know I will kick myself on Thursday afternoon if I don't, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  It takes me so long to get into the groove of writing, that by the time I reach that point it'll be bedtime.  So, meh.

Yeah, this is 14,000 year old bread.

Have you heard of the "discovery" of the world's oldest bread in Jordan?  Oh, yeah it's a big deal, because it predates agriculture.  It drives me nuts.  Because the assumption is that there was no bread before agriculture?  Really?  Humans have been hunting and GATHERING.  Gathering means seeds, rices, and grains.  What do you think they did with them?  Yep.  Flatbread.  Bread is the staff of life, ya know.  I think agriculture came about because people wanted more bread......and beer.  I recall seeing a you tube video that proposed the history of beer, but I can't find it.  However, there's a nice short article here from Smithsonian magazine.  

Well, it looks like I still have time to at least read some stuff I plan to put into the paper.  
Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. Okay a dummy here - how does this not mold and disintegrate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan is a desert, so there's that. The pieces they found were burnt too. And there was probably a big dust storm that covered it up.
      In Albuquerque, stuff just tends to dry up, as there's little moisture in the air. Advantage: towels dry really fast! Disadvantage: I go through tons of moisturizer to make sure I don't dry up, haha.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...