July 7, 2018

Linear movement.........

Although this is White Sands, New Mexico, it almost looks like a beach scene, doesn't it?

Once we hit 50 (or 45 for some) we begin our lament.  Our youth is behind us.  Our joints begin to ache, our hair is thinner, we have more wrinkles.  

Oh, aging is a bitch!  We should just end it all now!  Woe is me, I'm getting OLD!!

In many cases, it seems like this lament is a way to connect with those that are of a similar age as us.  It's a conversation opener.  Sort of like the weather, when you get sick of complaining about that, haha.  This seems true the older we are.  There are even jokes about it :-)

I miss the way my body looked when I was young too.  How easy it was to get back into shape after slacking off for a few weeks.  These days, a two week break from the gym takes 4 weeks to recuperate from.  My deep set eyes look like black holes in my head, especially if I don't get enough sleep or have a headache.

However, sometimes hearing all of this negativity about the aging process annoys me.  We're alive.  We can still enjoy life.  We can make a difference.

Do we really expect to look like we did in our 30s when we're in our 60s?  There's a term for that too.  Denial.

I'm sure that the art of complaining about how old we are all getting (thats right, we're all getting older every single second) will only improve with age.  Just don't expect me to listen.

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. As one in his 70's, and on the beach for vacation, I have noticed that I look right by the young ladies in the skimpy suits and tend to admire those older women who carry their age well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides, the older we are, the better stories and adventures we've had..... :-)

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...