July 2, 2018

My bad.......


For $9.99 ~ OK, lets just say 10 bucks right?  I am an avid reader.  I read every.single.day.  Usually this is how I end my day, for 30 minutes to an hour.  So, the kindle unlimited plan sounded pretty darn good.  Unlimited......although not every book is included.  That new Bernard Cornwell book you've been dying to read?  Not included.  To be fair, I figured that hugely popular new releases wouldn't be included, and there are lots of titles to choose from. So, I was happily reading book after book, when I decided I'd rather spend the 10 bucks on books I choose.  And figured that I would likely spend about the same amount over the course of a year.

There are free books too, lets make that clear.  Usually new authors, or older books.  I search through for hidden gems and find those occasionally.  If you like romances (which I don't) there are literally hundreds of them.  If you enjoy science fiction (which I do) there are plenty of those as well.

But I have wandered away from the rant I was building up to.  I went online and cancelled the subscription.  I realized I was reading a book from the unlimited plan when I received confirmation of the cancellation.  I figured they'd let me finish it right?  Nope.  Not only that, but they removed ALL the books I had read on the unlimited plan.  ALL OF THEM.  Which kinda pissed me off, I mean, I had paid the subscription payment.  And at the end of that I lost all the books I had read.  Yeah, I might not have ever gone back and read them again.  I do re-read books I enjoy.  After 2 or 3 years, I'll go back and read a favorite again.  So, although I enjoyed the books I read, having them all ripped away torqued my jaw.

Just a heads up to all you kindle readers.

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Thankfully I only read a book I can hold in my hand. I have so many books it's crazy but just can't do kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my kindle. Why? Because it's lightweight, and I can slip it in my purse for those long Dr office waiting rooms. I can read at night without the light on (there's not a single book light that isn't a giant pain in the ass) ~ Romeo usually turns off the light before I'm done reading. But even with all that, I've been on board with e-readers when they first came out, although I couldn't afford them at first. Most of the books I have are cookbooks. But I have a small collection of special books too, including the books I read to son #2.......although I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever get married and have kids. :-)

      Delete
  2. I prefer book books too.
    But it strikes me as a dirty trick for them to take away the one you were reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha......book books. I like that term! And there are some books I prefer in book books form too. Mostly cookbooks and reference books. I really spend too much money on books, so attempt to read the free ones on Kindle. Although I downloaded a sample of a book by Bernard Cornwell who is one of my fav writers. I bet I'll spend a few bucks on that one. :-)

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...