July 10, 2018

Gahhhhhhh........

And so the sun sets on another day....


I am working so hard to get rid of the just under the surface frustration I have with this class. 

Two weeks or so after I registered for this class I checked to see if we needed to buy or rent a book.  The UNM bookstore said there were no required texts.  So, stock up on ink, because I figured we'd be printing a lot (like the spring class, that was ridiculous).  Four days into the class, I see that there's nothing to print out, and she keeps mentioning the book.  I don't understand why she didn't send us an e-mail letting us know we will need the book.  I rent it from Amazon.  $21 or so.  No big deal, except that I would have started reading chapters 4-7 starting on Friday.  The book arrived on Saturday at about 7pm.  And no, I was too tired by then to crack that sucker open.  

This instructor simply made the online class available without changing anything until the class started on Monday.  When I first printed the syllabus, it didn't even have her name on it.  Slowly she has been "updating" it.  Basically, she was likely told that most everything was ready.  But it wasn't, and then I saw "Graduate Student and Instructor" under her name.  Which explains a lot.  Because they (grad students) go through hell, and why not drag your class through hell along with you?  Yeah, why not?  That's what I experienced last semester with the grad student who taught that class too.  Gah.

I've already posted all the shit for this week.  I'm sort of reaching my saturation point, and very nearly ready to just push it by doing the minimum amount of work.  Which is stupid, because by not giving it my all it only hurts me.  Gah. 

One comment asked me how I have time to post.  I would go crazy if I didn't write it down.  So this is my therapy and stress release, since I don't have time to go to the gym.  And please don't even ask me about the diet.  That project is on hold ~ along with everything else until 7/27, when my last assignment is due.  

Thank you, Ami, for introducing me to the word in my title :-)

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it seems "higher education" isn't designed to teach anything useful but to see who can handle the most stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ~ and I always am surprised at what I can accomplish when I "have to". I am now officially half way through this class. Two weeks to go. Gah.....

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...