July 20, 2018

The last 21 days.........

Hey, I see a little blue sky there.....

Somehow I have survived the last 21 days of class, and just one more to go.  One more chapter, a few more video lectures, a final exam on Wednesday and my 6-8 page final paper due in one week.  Today I realized that this will be my last summer class, and no one is happier about that than me.  Oh, wait, Romeo might be happy too.  Then instead of holed up in my office we could actually spend our evenings together.  Or maybe plan a weekend trip.  

I really don't understand why UNM (and probably many other colleges) even have summer classes.  It's really stupid to cram a 16 week course into 4 weeks of total craziness.  There is no reason to restrict summer classes to 4 weeks.  The spring semester ends in early May.  We could have taken a leisurely 8 weeks and finished up 3 weeks before fall classes start.  It's a mystery.....

Although we had some nice rain, it has become unbearably hot again.  The humidity is up because of the rain, which just makes it worse.  I miss the summers we had here when we first moved here 20+ years ago, where we rarely had 100 degree days.  We've had lots of those this year, and will have them again Saturday and Sunday.  We're only at 99 today.  Whew!  I am ready for fall weather.....

Romeo reminded me that I need a new piece of luggage since our old rolling one died last year.  We had it for almost 20 years, so I guess we got our moneys worth on it.  Macy's had a sale I went to today, and purchased a nice one for less than $100.  It is a tad bit smaller than the original one, but that's ok with me.  It's lightweight too, which will be a bonus.  The last one weighed in at 20 lbs, and this one is less than 9 lbs.  Probably won't last as long though, although it has a 10 year "limited" warranty, which probably doesn't include the wheels.  I figure those will be the first things to break.

Love, 365


4 comments:

  1. Hi, and thank you for stopping by my blog. I couldn't imagine going back to university at this stage in the game, but good for you! I'm in Ontario, Canada, and it's been a hot, dry summer for us as well, finally receiving some rain last night. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, and thank you for visiting as well. Yeah, I have only two more classes to go before finally graduating. It is not easy to work full time and pursue a degree. It's already been nearly 10 long years, because it didn't take long to realize that one or two classes per semester is all I can manage. I wish we were getting rain today, but there's some hope for next week. Romeo (what I call my husband) washed both vehicles today ~ so I suppose it's guaranteed to rain soon. :-)

      Delete
  2. Well new luggage means new trip/adventure. YeeHaw!

    It's been raining here so much I may build an ark. Saturday 5" of rain. Sunday 3 inches and it's raining now. It will be raining they say for another full week. Weird summer this year. We are normally in drought conditions by this time of year. Humid, hot and rainy. fun, fun, fun, it would make you study a bit easier if you knew it was terrible outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am looking forward to visiting my family and attending my HS reunion (which I've decided will be my last one). I will get to see my boys, and the end of Sept is not too bad in San Antonio/Round Rock/Comfort.

      We are having a strange summer too ~ when we first moved here we rarely had temp's of 100, and we've had lots this year. A dry winter, but more than last year monsoon rains with flooding and fires. Strange.

      Delete

False spring is over.....

  I took this photo of a ranunculus I bought a few days before.  They are such beautiful flowers ~ so delicate and brightly colored.  I don&...