July 13, 2018

Nobody's home.....


Since one of our Docs is on vacation, there is no one working today ~ each one alternates Friday's and Monday's, so this is the Doc on vacation's Friday.  No one complained.....haha

I have already made the bed, tidied up the kitchen a bit, made coffee & enjoyed a lovely bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and sweetened just a tad with a bit of maple syrup.  Then had to wait 30 minutes for updates to install on my aging computer.  Romeo wants me to buy a new one in December, and I suppose I should before I graduate, as college students receive a discount at Apple.  The truth is I've never had to show anything more than my ID card which doesn't have an expiration date, so I probably don't need to worry about it......but still. 

The tv is playing the Wimbledon semi finals with Anderson and Isner battling it out on the grassy courts of the Queens Club.  It has been an extremely close game so far, each have won one set.  They are very alike, tall and lanky.  It'll be interesting to see the final.  But later today is the match I'm wanting to see ~ Nadal and Djokovick.  I hope Nadal whips his butt, Djokovick is such a whiney asshole (although a great tennis player).  I will be playing some racquetball later, so I may have to watch the replay, as Romeo subscribed to the ESPN+ app so that I wouldn't miss the games.  

It's been great having the ESPN+ as they have an hour long recap of the day's play, so I have been able to eat dinner while watching that and then retire to my office to write, write, write.  I have been keeping up with the accelerated pace of the class.  I finished reading the chapters, took the exam on Wednesday (I missed the first 3 multiple choice questions, but got all the rest and now waiting for the short answer questions to be graded), wrote the chapter reflection and the group discussion posts yesterday.  All I have left to do is write the essay that is due tomorrow.  Technically I am half way through, so a couple more weeks and it will be over.....

We have entered our "monsoon season" here in New Mexico, so when the conditions are right we see rain in the afternoons and evenings.  We need a good season to help with the fire dangers here, but of course thunderstorms produce lightening which is a fire danger ~ ironic or contradictory or something in-between.  

And now Anderson is pulling ahead.....darn, I was rooting for Isner.

Have a wonderful day, y'all.
Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched tennis since that whiney a-hole McEnroe played. Strangely enough I used to root for him, at least he made tennis interesting. Well it is still interesting, just too many sports to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't appreciate McEnroe until a few years ago. Always thought the same. There's a great documentary (Fire & Ice) which is about McEnroe and Borg's competition. It's really quite entertaining, even if you aren't a huge fan of tennis.
      Darn it, Isner lost, but what an amazing game that was!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...