July 29, 2018

Waiting......

(Google images)

One of the first things I checked this morning ~ UNM learn platform to see if my grades are in.  Nope.  I know it's too early, but hope springs eternal, ya know?

While visiting my new Doc 6 months ago, I asked her about the new shingles vaccine, which she recommended we get.  So, we had the first one in April, and were due for the second part in July.  Unfortunately the second part of the vaccine is in very short supply, and there was nothing for it but to put our names on the list to be notified when available ~ which happened yesterday.  They had 6 vaccines left, so we took off after dinner to get ours.  Sure does make your arm sore....  Before the list, I had asked a pharmacist at the store about it, and what would happen if we weren't able to get the second one within 6 months, and she said not to worry ~ she didn't think they were that effective.  But I discounted her theory and went with the Doc's advise, which was to do it.  It decreases the percentage of coming down with shingles, which is no laughing matter.  I do value the opinion of a pharmacist, so I was surprised at hers.  Perhaps she was simply trying to reduce my concerns.  I hope the damned thing works!

And so, I leave you with this:






Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. I won't debate vaccines and other sometimes questionable medical procedures with people, but I think we all owe it to ourselves to do the research for ourselves and decide whether we need the recommended treatment or if it's another revenue stream for the medical conglomerate. For example, my new doctor that I didn't want really found it important for me to be tested for hepatitis even though I have ZERO risk factors. She wasn't pleased with my refusal of the test.

    Flu shots are usually anywhere from 3 to 20% effective, depending on the year and what strain they've predicted will arrive vs the actual one that shows up.

    But medical clinics are not there to provide a person with healthcare services for the most part, they're there to make money. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Unfortunately I have a chronic low white cell count that leaves me vulnerable to the flu (& maybe shingles). So I go get my shots.......I have quite a few friends who are in the industry and I would have to say that if the corporation is there to make money, the people helping you are not.

      Delete
  2. I did not have a two part vaccine for shingles, just the one shot. I was told by doctor and pharmacist who did it that I could still get shingles but less severe. Seeing what my husband went through with shingles I would be fine with less severe. It was brutal for him. My step mom had it too and it was so bad that she said she'd try anything, hence why I decided to get the vaccine. I imagine it's like a flu shot. You may still get the flu but it won't be as bad as if you didn't get the vaccine. Or I'm delusional about it all !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the new one provides more protection, so you might want to consider it. It is awful, I know at least 10 people who've experienced it and they said it was one of the most painful things they've ever experienced. Uh, no, not interested, thank you!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...