February 11, 2015

What the hell am I doing?

The margarita glass in the forground hopefully explains this photo.....

I went to the "working interview" on Monday, and seemed very successful.  Then the office manager told me how much they were willing to pay, and I declined.  Seriously, I can't accept a job that would leave me pulling money out of savings each month to meet our financial obligations.  However, I don't regret the experience.

I could not sleep that night though.  I tossed and turned, but I was awake by 2am and never could go back to sleep after that.  At 4:30am I got up and started my day, but I didn't feel well at all, so I don't know if it's just stress (my first guess), or something else.  A few of my friends have been sick lately.  I had a call from a couple of places I sent a resume to, so I called one of them (the other indicated it was a entry level position that paid even less than the animal hospital), and while I was speaking to Kim, I said something really stupid.  She asked me my duties at my previous job.  After I gave her a run down, I said "Oh, and I really am great with dealing with people, and they like me!"  Oh, good grief.  I almost called her back to tell her I didn't mean to say it like that, that what I meant was that I have a good rapport with our patients.  It almost seems like I purposefully sabatoge myself in these exchanges.  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?????

365

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with saying you're good at dealing with people? It's preferable to 'I am NOT a frickin' people person!', isn't it?
    And I don't get the margarita glass, I suppose I am just living a sheltered life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the content but the delivery....
      The margarita glass hopefully explains that I might be a bit intoxicated, lol.

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...