January 23, 2016

Australian Open 2016!

Madison Keys, courtesy of Bing images

I just finished watching Madison win her match against Ivanovic...it was edge of the seat play, with Ivanovic winning the first set...Madison showed her perseverance to come back and win.  I really love watching her play, and I'm taking notes on how she manages her emotions when losing a match. You can see the determination and drive take over, although of course there monents of frustration and irritation....especially when you blow a seemingly easy shot. 

Milos Raonic, Bing images.

After watching Milos in his recent win over Lopez, I realize why I love to watch him play ~ he's very disciplined and has the potential to be one of the top 5 players.  When looking for his photo, I was amused to note that his tongue is sticking out in nearly every shot.  He apparently now wears a mouth guard when he plays, and I wonder if that is to help him from having silly shots like this posted on the internet.  He's an awsome player though.  

 Rafael Nadal, Bing images.

Although Nadal has been playing much better of late, I was really saddened to see that he lost in the first round of play in Australia.  Truthfully, I hope he can find a way to be back on top.  He's not bad to look at either, although his talisman of movements before he serves is annoying.  (If you watch, then you know what I mean)

Andy Murray, Bing images.

Andy's climb to the top appeals to all who love an underdog story.  It is plain to see that he has worked extremely hard to win his way to a top ranking.  Andy is one of my favorite players ~ which can create a tiny bit of tension with friends who prefer Nadal.  No one I know really likes Djokovic, although all of my "tennis friends" admire his ability on the court.  I hope Andy will win in Australia!

Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...