March 22, 2016

It's the windy season

Typical spring weather...(bing images)

It was one of those windy days that makes you reconsider your wardrobe choice for the day.  One of our local weathermen remarked on that today ~ and it did turn into a very windy, sand blowing in your eyes, dirt floating in the air kind of days.  These are the kind of days that breath life into the tumbleweeds....


Only one?????  (bing images)

The one in the photo above is pretty small.....sometimes they are 10-12 foot in diameter, and kind of freak you out if you see them rolling across the highway.  I don't know if they would truly damage your car, but still.....you just don't want to go there.  And when the wind is big, you find this happening.....

yeeeee....(bing images)

Every spring they show us some photos on the news that show a house underneath a towering mountain of tumbleweeds.  It's no fun to get them out either.  

It wasn't quite this bad today, but close...(bing images)

These are the kind of days where you wear your sunglasses to keep the dirt and sand out of your eyes.  And you feel dirty just walking to your car at the end of the day.   I can still feel it in my hair, and stuck to my face...ugh.

Wellll, I must continue my review for mid-term exam.  
Have a great week...
Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. I did not know tumbleweeds get that big. It sounds hilarious, but I presume it's not when you see it in person....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I exaggerated a wee bit...the large ones are more like 5 to 6 feet in diameter. Seeing one on the highway can be kinda freaky at 65-75 mph though!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...