October 8, 2017

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta!



2015 pics

For the next 10 days, Albuquerque will be busy with visitors (lots of folks have out of town guests this time of year).  The balloon fiesta is huge here.  Apparently we host the largest balloon event in the world, and there are balloons and pilots from all over.  It is truly a unique experience!  There is the excitement of watching the balloons inflate ~ which as you can see from the bottom photo, spectators are allowed on the field with the pilots, balloons and their crew.  We went 5 years in a row after we first moved here, and manage to go every 3 to 4 years since.  

This year drones are bringing video that is truly breathtaking.  If someone posts it I will show it here or give you a link (it'll probably show up on youtube soon).  Santa might bring a drone to Romeo this year ~ he's been talking about them, and I think he would have a blast with one.  

If you ever get the chance, come an experience it.  It's a unique experience you won't forget.

*********************
I can laugh now....yesterday when I pulled into the garage, Romeo came out and looked completely frazzled ~ his hair looked like he had been nervously running his hands through it.   I asked him what was wrong, and he explained that he thinks he left his phone somewhere.  He had already driven to Lowe's again, retracing his steps, and had gone through every room in the house.  I called his phone ~ it was in the bathroom on one of the floating shelves we have.  :-)

Love, 365

9 comments:

  1. Lived in Albuquerque for 5 years, near I25 and San Mateo. Back then the balloons lifted off just the other side of I25. Pictures just don't do the experience justice. At that time ('79 -'83) there were about 400 balloons; now its much bigger. This was all before the hospital and other structures were built east of 25. When the winds pushed the balloons east, they would pass over our house, targeting to land in the park up the street; low enough you could talk to the folks in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when we first moved here, balloons would sometimes migrate up to the foothills! They are much more careful now since there are fewer and fewer places for landing. It's still so much fun, I just didn't want to set my alarm for 4am, haha.

      Delete
  2. We lived in Clovis for quite a while, even though I have never been to the balloon festival in Albuquerque I have seen some really nice ones fly over.

    Oh yes the scramble to find the phone, calling it usually shortens the search, but when you don't hear it ring is another story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even worse is when no one else is home, and you don't have anyway of calling it! Turns out he can find it with his mac, but he wasn't thinking straight.....

      Delete
  3. They had a balloon festival in Temecula, California when we lived there. It was really cool to see.

    I almost always have my phone on silent, it's that way while I'm at work and I often forget to turn the ringer back on. Kind of a pain in the ass when I have to call it to find it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep mine on silent mode all the time, but I got tired of missing phone calls. Now I just keep it on one or two bars, which is just enough to get my attention, and isn't disruptive at work. Romeo has to keep his in a locked up at work, or those little rug rats will make off with it.....

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to see this event. I also would love to go up in one.

    As for the phone, that made me laugh because we have done things like that as well.
    I had it charging in my car. I tore apart the house. Called it and couldn't hear a thing.
    So decided I had to get in the car and retrace my steps. I didn't get far as you can imagine. I opened the door and saw it and breathed a sigh of relief. Felt pretty stupid but glad it wasn't left someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one, Peg! He would have been so relieved had he found it in his car, he likely wouldn't have said anything. He did scratch his arm pretty good looking for it under the seat though!

      Delete
  5. Love the balloons. Think I was in the area once when they were going up but my memory is about as long as my . . .

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...