July 27, 2018

Last day of class & other thoughts.......

Meandering through life, mostly sunny skies ahead.....

My class is nearly over.  I have an A so far, but I haven't turned in the final research paper yet.  We are to write on an ongoing or longstanding intercultural conflict.  For some reason I latched onto the conflict over the Temple Mount.  I think I have 2 1/2 pages done and 3 1/2 to do today.  Due by midnight.  Don't plan to be up anywhere near that late finishing it up, though.  Midnight is waaaay past my bedtime, folks, haha.

2 1/2 years to go.....
When you look at that face (and there are tons of really ugly pictures of him on google, people), what do you see?  I'm thinking to myself, the man doesn't really know how to smile.  If he did, there wouldn't be so many goofy looking smiles on google.  I wonder if he's truly ever been happy.  Not that I care, but if he had a wonderful life he'd be able to crack a genuine smile now and again, eh?

We're having a great start to monsoon season, we really need the rain.  We had a great storm last night, but of course, I don't live in an area subject to flash flooding.  My favorite time to pull weeds?  Right after it rains.  Got rid of a bunch of milk weeds this morning.  Least favorite time to pick up dog poo?  Right after it rains.  Phew.


And finally, a discovery of ancient oats on a pestle (grinding stone) makes the case for my remarks about the ancient bread that was recently discovered in Jordan.  

Ok, off to get breakfast and start writing.  
Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. When I was a child, we lived in Eastern Oregon. Milkweed lined the ditch banks and edges of the fields in the 'back 40' where we lived. I loved the Monarch caterpillars and seeing the chrysalids hanging from the undersides of the leaves. And I was enchanted with the whole migration thing they did, too.
    Alas, no milkweed here.

    Good luck writing the paper. I write a lot, but that's my choice. Not sure how well I'd do if someone were making me do it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think there's plenty for the butterflies around here! When I lived in San Antonio we sometimes saw the migration, and it was truly amazing, but I've never seen it here. Thanks for the well wishes too....I am so glad to be done (I know I say that at the end of every single semester).

      Delete
  2. I guess we could make the argument that being born a rich entitled kid never made him happy and that's why he is such a jerk with no empathy, compassion, or felt the need for education. His vocabulary is that of a 4th or 5 grader. It's very very bad. Very bad. :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. And for the love of Pete, couldn't someone please permanently delete his twitter account?

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...