August 11, 2018

Saturday morning musings....

A little fun with a new photo app

If you've been reading this blog, you know I've been waiting for the grade on my summer class.  The grad student who was teaching it had some surgery scheduled right after class ended, and explained she had asked others for help with grading our final papers.  The university has a policy that we are to receive our grades one week after class ends.  So, on Monday I e-mailed and called, only to get a recording.  Tuesday I called again and spoke to the woman who answered the phone, and she said that the department is aware of the issue, and the department head (yes, the department head, omg) would be grading our papers.  Which made me break out into a sweat.  Noooooooo........

By Wednesday I had my grade, which was an A.  I was surprised.  I figure the dept. head was a bit overwhelmed, scanned the papers, looked at our grade averages to that point and graded accordingly. This has happened before, where the final project was rather large.  So, I wonder why they do this if there's no time to look at them properly.  Not that I'm complaining.  Hey, I ended up with an A because of the rush to get them graded.  But truly, unless there is a minimum of stuff a class must do, why even ask us to write a 6-8 page paper when you know you can't grade them?  I guess shit happens at every level of any given organization.  Moving on......

I can see fall on the horizon.....the sun is coming up noticeably later, the mornings are cooler.  Fall is my favorite season in New Mexico.  Soon we'll be heading down to Corrales to order our green chile.

Leaving you with these:

Albuquerque Sunset ~ Mikey Brooks

Old Homestead ~ Rita Smith

Rio Grand in Espanola ~ P. D. Skowronek

Clayton, NM  ~ Edward Sisneros

Not only do we have talented photographers in NM, we have awesome scenic landscapes to shoot.  These photos are from "Memories and Photos in New Mexico" Facebook page.  

Love, 365




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't have to wait for your grade anymore. It does feel kind of like you got cheated, though. As if writing the paper wasn't really necessary.

    Love the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose if students can cheat, who's to say instructors can't too? As I've said so many times ~ there's six hours I'll never get back.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...