December 7, 2019

The average Saturday........

Looking good!  

Oh, it's just a typical Saturday morning.  I usually watch Lucky Dog while having breakfast and coffee.  I wish I could get a dog from Brandon, he trains them so well!  After finishing this post, I'll shower and get going. 

Since most of the family lives in Texas, I have packages to mail out.  I received the name of the person from the family gift exchange, and Romeo picked up a very nice robe from Costco.  It was $19.  To ship said robe?  Probably $15.  Now I'm thinking I will send a gift card to the recipient and let Romeo keep the robe.  Next year I'm putting "GET GIFT CARDS" in my calendar starting in mid-November so that I don't make this mistake again.  I had forgotten how expensive it is to mail stuff since I rarely mail packages...most of the time I let Amazon mail them for me, probably just like most of you.....

And wow, have I been taking advantage of Amazon.  It's just so convenient!  I would love to shop more locally, but then I'm stuck with the same issue I mentioned already.  Shipping.  :-(

I had a lovely 8 days off ~ I had a few extra days to use up before the end of the year....we can only carry over 2 days to the next one.  I baked, I decorated, I volunteered.  Went back to work on Thursday and somehow :-) got through those two days to the weekend.  What I really need is a three day work "week".  Which may happen as my boss transitions to retirement.  We speculate that he will cut Friday's out of his schedule sometime this next year.  But I'm not ready for retirement yet.  I need to pay off my "new" car.....
Sioux getting into the spirit.....

I know it looks like it's leaning, but it's just my poor camera skills...haha

Ok!  I finally posted something, and it doesn't matter that it might or might not be lame.  But for now I have to shower and get going....so enjoy the weekend wonderful readers!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Sweet baby! Lovely tree. Don't worry if it appears leaning. We have had leaning/falling trees many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's not leaning. I just took the pic on a funny angle and forgot to edit it before posting. And he is the cutest!

      Delete
  2. We used to do gifts for the kids in the family. Now there aren't any little people in our clan.::sigh::

    Shipping charges are ridiculous, you're right. Gift cards are always the right size and they always make ME smile. I pulled out a gift card from last year yesterday and didn't have to pay for a frivolous purchase. What's not to like? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I did the same thing last year, and ended up paying too much to ship it to the intended person. But no more. Romeo will have a new robe, and I'll be sending out the gift card this weekend (because I haven't had time to buy it yet). I do love getting gift cards, I don't know why I never think of them when buying someone something.

      Delete
  3. Lovely tree!!
    Nice to hear yr news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on the tree ~ and you are too kind on "the news", which really isn't anything much, lol. Now that I don't have college to comment about, I find I have less to talk about!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...