December 12, 2022

And a month later.......

 

This photo was so cute, I printed it out to put in our Christmas cards.  This is probable the first year I've sent out cards in a decade.  I have no idea why ~ after so long ~ I suddenly get a wild hair and sent out cards.  Perhaps it's because time is my own now?  It's the only explanation I can come up with. 😀

Last week I had an oil change scheduled ~ at 8am, which is the only place I schedule early appointments with, because otherwise you sit there forever!  As I'm driving with all the folks that are in that big rush to get to work, I realize I've become one of those people that holds people up from zooming down road so they aren't late.  It was nice.  I really enjoyed it....I think I get it now, when I would be so frustrated by those drivers that are doing the actual speed limit.  Haha

I've been really busy, volunteering and baking, taking long walks with the puppy.  Now that he is fully vaccinated, we can let him explore and sniff ~ and he enjoys those walks!  Today isn't a good day though, we're supposed to have a rain/snow mix soon, and the wind!  Ugh.  So, we'll just have to find another way to get that activity going.  I hate cold weather.  It doesn't matter how many layers I put on, or how warm the hat is.  I feel so miserable cold.  I tried to see if I could teach Demitri to walk on the treadmill, but even at it's lowest lever, it starts out too fast!  Maybe later?  When he's older.  Hmmmm 

So, what are you doing for Christmas?  Do you bake cookies or fudge?  We always got together and brought what we needed and then split it all up.  This was my Mom and sister, and sometimes one of my Mom's friends.  It was fun.  I tried to do the same with a friends, but she wasn't much of a baker, and brought a recipe that took f o r e v e r.  So we didn't get much done, and I was so frustrated it was all I could do to NOT say REALLY?  I need a baking buddy.  Any of y'all want to come over?  

Have a great week...

Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I used to love doing all the holiday baking with my mom and aunts. I miss that. I hate that it has gotten so cold, much colder than normal around here. So I'll pack up my things and I'll bring my pizzelle iron and we can make a bunch of cookies and I can play with that cute dog!! So retirement agrees with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish you could. I don't have a pizzelle iron and love those cookies! Yes, I would say retirement agrees with me, although every now and then I am bored, but too lazy to do anything about it!

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear from you again. Hubby made melomakarouna yesterday. I make the English Xmas cakes and tarts. Frankly now I'd rather buy them but it's not possible here. I try not to bake because it's so tempting and I don't want to eat sugar.
    Thank goodness it's not too cold here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romeo doesn't really bake, but he takes care of dog entertainment when I'm doing it, so there's that. Haha Today is really cold, with temps still below freezing at noon. Brrrr

      Delete
  3. Mr B has just received diabetic diagnoses so baking has been seriously reduced in our house this Xmas. I, the Tigger, don't care as long as there is roast meat. F is going to make Danish Xmas biscuits with their 6 year old grandson, and a xmas pudding for everyone except Mr B to enjoy. I miss the oven warming the kitchen. (F says cute dog....🙀) xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven on is nice! I had big baking plans, but have decided to pare it back a bit. Like you said, it's too much for two of us to gobble on!

      Delete
  4. I used to bake and bake and bake and I just... don't anymore. I certainly would eat a bunch of goodies if given the opportunity, though. As long as I don't have to make them myself. :)
    Your puppy is becoming dog. Happens quick, even faster than kids growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably bake more if I had a baking buddy to get me going! But the downside is telling myself "I'm just going to have one more". Until I can't fit into my pants :))

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...