November 23, 2013

I love coffee....


Oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

~For many years, I never drank coffee.  I was/am a tea drinker.  My Mom gave me tea in my bottle (a practice that I'm sure would be frowned upon these days, although I suppose it beats Kool-Aid and the like).   
~A friend/co-worker of mine (who now lives in Australia, working on her PhD) absolutely loved coffee, and couldn't understand anyone who didn't share her coffee habit.  She would croon (oh, yes she did!) over a good cup, and would constantly ask me if I wanted some.  
~Eventually I wanted to know what it was about coffee that created this obsession.  So, I tried it.  I had to work on it, experimenting with the combination of coffee, sweetener and cream until I found it.  Now, I can't imagine spending a day without having one or two cups.  Black?  No thanks.  But slightly sweet with a nice dollop of creamer?  Heaven.  
~I don't consider myself a coffee snob.  I use a plain Cuisinart coffee maker.  For awhile I bought the whole beans and would grind them just before making a pot.  But now I just purchase the ground coffee (or at Costco you can buy the beans and grind them in their machines, although the thought occurs to me to wonder : how often do they clean these machines?).  I occassionally go to Starbucks for a cup, a favorite indulgence when I'm grocery shopping.  
**Thank you, Candice, for turning me own to coffee!  Love you, girlfriend!

#####And now I must work on my final paper for class.  I have less than one page written, but I figure it's a start!

Enjoy the weekend!
Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...