May 23, 2014

*@&#&*%%$ passwords

(courtesy of Bing Images)

Is this a funny cartoon?  Of course.  Have any of us ever done this?  Absolutely.  Is there anything more frustrating than formulating or retrieving a password?  I swear.....even with the password help apps and systems, it's still a pain in the ass.  I discovered that I could take another class at CNM (sooo much cheaper than UNM), so decided to check out the fall schedule.  Only to discover that I forgot my password to the CNM login for students.  I didn't use Blackboard (online class) for the statistics class, and our instructor didn't use it for quizzes or tests, and after 4 months of relative inactivity, I forgot my old password.  It wasn't hard to reset it.  It's just the process of having to memorize all of the ones that I have ~ for e-mail, UNM, CNM, banking, bill paying, etc,  Of course I have them written down ('cept for the CNM one of course).  I use to keep them on my laptop, until I had this brilliant thought ~ what if someone hacks into my laptop, and I've conveniently listed all my passwords on it? Uh, that's not a good idea (and I know people who do just that).  So, I have my handy notebook full of all my passwords (again, not the CNM one for some reason).  The only real problem is I don't carry the notebook around with me (kind of a pain to do that), so if I'm at work and take a few minutes to sneak into a website or check e-mail & have a brain fart, I'm out of luck.  

Now that I've written this, it reminds me that I need to change a few....

Love, 365


2 comments:

  1. I use about five different passwords in various combinations.

    So if one is 84rh1bv, I might use that twice and add a * or a ? or something at the end if they're asking for a symbol.

    Then I send myself an email saying something like 'SF Pass'. SF being the name of a utility company. In the email is 8, since I know the rest of the string of numbers. Then I remind myself that I added !! to the end or whatever. Since I use combos of a bunch of different passwords at all the sites I use, I don't have trouble remembering them.

    Does that make any sense at all?

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...