September 13, 2015

Dog days.....

(Google images)

Exactly.  Right now, Romeo and I are "dog grandparents".  We have really enjoyed having #2 son live with us, along with his dog, Sioux.  

This is not to say she isn't quite the clown.....she sleeps/naps like this often.  

I think I'm ready to get another dog, but this time I want to adopt a shelter dog.  So, I keep tabs on the shelter weekly.  What we need is:
~a young dog, but not a puppy.  It would be nice to skip the teething/agressive chewing phase.
~a male.  This was recommended to me by a patient in our office who has lots of experience adopting from shelters, based on the alpha personality of Sioux.
~a smaller size than Sioux, because she becomes a bit aggresive if the dog is close to her size. 

Which makes the search a little complicated.  But not impossible.  Luckily, one of my co-workers daughter facilitates adoptions from "high kill" shelters, and she now has a list of what we are looking for.

There was an adoption event that unfortunately occured at the same time as my Aztec, NM trip.  But there are sure to be more.

Well, wish us luck....I'm sure the four legged friend/family member we are looking for is out there!

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. I really want another furry family member. Not a day has gone by in the past almost four years that I didn't miss our Maggie. She was such a good girl. We aren't doing it, though. At least not now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough decision for us, because we can put it off and still have the advantage of having Sioux in our lives....but Romeo is becoming so attached to her I think I should do it soon!

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...