August 20, 2016

Blathering about this and that....

Quail at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge

Firstly, I hope all of you enjoyed watching the summer Olympics...our team made us proud!  What an incredible event to participate in....especially with the controversy regarding the pollution and the zika virus.  I was not sure what to expect.  On the other hand, I've had enough, and am glad it's nearly over, so I can peel my eyes away from the TV and get something done.

Cranes at Bosque del Apache

I am poised to encounter a new experience at UNM ~ my first "honors" class.  After all of the drama of having one of their professors suspended, then brought back only to be suspended again, I was relieved to see they have placed a different professor.  Then I read his reviews on "Rate My Professor" and began to feel apprehensive again, as most (8 out of 10) didn't care for him.  But, I will just have to judge for myself.  

Vermillion flycatcher (I think) at Bosque del Apache

Poor Romeo had a very rough first week of school.  I was becoming concerned with how quiet he was after work, even though he assured me that the problem was just his becoming accustomed to teaching.  He was really glad for Friday to come around....as was I.

I had an interesting week at work as well, that revolved around ~ Christmas.  Yeah, apparently taking time off around Christmas is quite a harrowing affair.  I didn't get involved much as I don't really enjoy taking time off during that holiday (stemming from 14 years of being required to take a week off at Christmas).  But it was interesting to hear from the sidelines all the drama.  Our newest co-worker put in for 3 days off at Christmas, sparking a bit of concern from the more senior employees.  Who believed that because of their length of employment should have "priority" over those of us that are new.  One year our office manager told me that things became so crazy everyone put in for vacation time (for Christmas) the first week of January.  Wow.

I am fervishly studying for my Renaissance mid-term.  I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to study as this on-line course doesn't really give me much individual guidance.  I might e-mail the school for a bit of help.  But I have the test scheduled for a week from this coming Monday.  A deadline I fully intend to keep.  I must get this class completed by the end of October, and time is really running out.

Well, back to it....
Love, 365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...