October 5, 2016

Has the vacation started yet??


I am sooooo sick of politics.  First there's the Hilary/Trump debate, then the vice-presidential debates, and another go at the presidential debates on Sunday.  We are planning on renting a movie instead.  Really, we won't miss it, as there will be review after nauseating review, with tons of clips from the debates anyway.  Not that I want to hear/watch any of it.  Ugh.

And yes, I realize it's only going to get worse the closer we get to election time.  Double ugh.

Romeo is actually enjoying the new school.  One of his classes has only 4 students in it, and the rest have less than 20.  I am so relieved....although I know it is his habit to be enthusiastic at the beginning, and then pick it apart later.  Hmmmm, come to think of it, that's pretty much how I would say I spoke of my workplace as well.  To be fair, I'm really pretty happy there, with only moments of irritation ~ and I don't think it gets much better than that.

In my honors class we've been discussing the impact of Charles Darwin in science.  His personal story is really fascinating.  Sadly our Professor seems to take the fun out of everything by interpreting the story and his writing of Origin of Species in regards to politics and religion......and a little bit of implication that Darwin was a bit of a coward for not "coming out" with the fact that his theory basically takes God out of the equation.  Admittedly, in that time period, it would have meant that he would be excluded from any kind of high society.....and his family was desperately trying to make themselves part of the upper class in England.  Lots to think about.

Well, I had all kinds of other things I thought about writing, but they've all gone the way of the Dodo bird.  I really need to write them down so that I can recall them when I'm actually at the computer.

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. Netflix is perfect during these evenings of debates. My hubby and I have found some great new shows that way. Thank you politics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desperate measures, right! We just added Acorn TV in Amazon, and so exploring shows from the U.K.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...