December 31, 2016

Happy New Year to all of you!

(Bing)

Well!  Here we are, another year is currently flushing down the sewage pipes, while a new one is climbing up.  Ok, that wasn't very optimistic, was it?  I am looking forward to the new year actually, with hope ~ like most of you, I imagine.  

Romeo and I started off this evening with a bang ~ we got into a shouting match, and now we are both avoiding each other.  I give it another 30 min to an hour.  Not the best way to start a new year.

Unfortunately the weather is about as wonderful as the emotional atmosphere.  It has been alternately sleeting and raining for the past hour.  Ugh.  Glad I am not out in that.  

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am not much of one to make resolutions, but I have a couple that I plan to work on.  The gym today was pretty quiet ~ mostly the "die hard" type that are always there lest a pound or two creeps up on them during the holidays, with a few newbies (mostly women, are you surprised?) trying to get into the hang of improving their fitness, or to lose some weight.  Based on past years I've noticed that about 90% the newbies will hang in for a couple of months, then qietly disappear.  Making time for the gym is not easy when you've spent years avoiding it.  It's tough this time of year when it's so blasted cold outside, along with the rain/snow/sleet that was happening 30 minutes ago, to simply go outside for a walk.  Not fun.  Dog walkers know what I'm talking about, because there's no gym for dogs.....hmmmm, that might be a great idea.  Oh, wait, I think that's called doggy day care, which is riduculously expensive.  I suppose it beats having your couch chewed up when you get home from work though.

Happy New Year & Be Safe Out There!

Love, 365





2 comments:

  1. My "gym" is actually part of a community center in the development in which I live. I keep meaning to get over there but so far have managed to avoid it. It's been 3 years now. Argggghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no longer do the gym. Too expensive and sometimes I'd wait to use a bike or machine. hated that. I also was too lazy to drive 30 minutes to a gym. The one close to me was what I used. So I quit. I walk 3 miles a day and did yoga 2 days a week until my knee surgery. And speaking of dog walking....it has been pouring rain for 2 days now. My dog hates walking in it as much as me, which makes me laugh. But we walked this morning 2x already and I've had enough. I wish she could use a litter box like a cat. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...