June 15, 2020

Garden treasures.........




I have taken three tiny tomatoes off of one of my plants, and it is loaded.  So excited to have a vine ripened tomato, it has been so long!  When we have more than we can eat I plan to prepare some sun dried tomatoes, which will be great on salad, pizza ~ well I'll probably run out of them before I run out of things to use them in. 

Took a break from bread baking this weekend, since our freezer is stocked up and I just can't get anything more in there.  But I did make bread pudding from all of the stale pieces that I had saved up, and wow, that was really tasty and easy to do. 

Today I need to hem my newly acquired scrub pants ~ I am so happy that we can wear scrubs now, although I'm not sure how long it will last.  It's like wearing pajamas to work.

After a face-time happy hour with my sister, it sounds like I will be taking a road trip in 3 to 6 weeks to help her with clearing out Mom's house.  It's a big job, but we have help.  In the meantime I need to figure out who to hire to handle the estate sale.  Mom bought nice furniture, but kept it so long that most of her stuff is worn out, or so outdated that no one wants it.  I don't want it!  I don't want her silverware, or her hand painted china...none of that goes in the dishwasher 😆  Plus my kitchen is packed and I simply don 't have the room.  It will certainly be an experience. 

I hope all of you have a great week ~ a great start is avoiding the news.
Love, 365



6 comments:

  1. Good job with the tomatoes! I have about half a dozen on my two plants but they just won't go red. Too much shade I suppose. Enjoy the eating.
    I have never cooked or eaten bread and butter pudding. It wasnt a family dessert. You have given me the idea though that the time has come. I might just look up a recipe. We often have leftover.
    All you should take from your Mums is something you remember from back then. My younger brother took the chipped custard jug and he treasures it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best bread pudding I've ever eaten was in New Orleans. I think I need to find dark rum in a small bottle (because I don't drink rum) to add to it. My Mom never made bread pudding, but she made a mean lemon meringue!

      Delete
  2. My gr-daughter invited us over yest. p.m. to have some of her bread pudding with a caramel strawberry sauce. Oh so good.
    We live in Calif., my sister in Ohio. Our brother lives in Springfield, IL, which was the nearest to Mom near Pittsfield, IL. After the funeral, we looked at each other and had to decide what to do next. My sis and I took just a few things, and left it to our brother. He had already arranged for an estate auctioneer to handle stuff. Again, took things that had some meaning from their lives. Hard decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be difficult. And I'm sure I'll find a few small items to take back home, but that will be it. We're checking in with the Grandkids (our kids, lol) to see if there's anything they need or want, and I will set up an estate sale for all the rest.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the garden success and the new work uniform. It makes things so much easier when you are more comfortable at work. One less thing to deal with. Enjoy your week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do take a break one day a week and wear something else. I guess I don't want to over do the pajama feeling.....

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...