July 17, 2021

Busy Saturday....well, until it isn't :-)...

 

This weekend is the Lavender in the Village event.  It's a beautiful place, with different historical buildings on the property.  They have a hotel, a really nice restaurant, a cafe, farm shop (fun shopping there).  The restaurant and cafe serve food that is harvested from local farms if they don't grow it themselves.  And lots and lots of lavender.  My favorite is the lavender honey, which is very subtle in it's flavor.  I've never eaten in the restaurant, but we have in the cafe, and it was very good. Instead of having the full blown event they sent emails and description of what is in a tote bag for advance ordering.  I picked it up today, and was very pleased with it all ~ a selection of scones from their bakery, a pretty poster, lavender hand wash, and hand cream, sachet, spice blend for cooking.....I should have taken a little time to go to the farm store, but it is so hot and humid today, I just didn't feel like it.  

It has been great to get rain, we always need it.  Not so excited about the humidity that goes along with it.  

Sioux is still hanging in, but it's not going well.  I wasn't sure she could become thinner, but she has.  Despite the prednisone, she isn't eating well.  She only eats a little bit of food, and then done.  I put in a call to our vet, who is on vacation.  She will be back on Tuesday.  In the meantime, our lives revolve around how long we can be away from the house.  I plan to ask the vet what we can expect, given the situation we have now.  Is it weeks?  Another month?  Less?  She does not seem to be in any pain, although she is now not so excited about walks except for a short one early in the morning.  I'm sure she doesn't have much energy.  It breaks my heart.  Romeo is doing his best to keep it together, but I see the pain in his eyes.  

I honestly don't think it will be much longer.  I want to thank all of you for your kindness these past few months.  It means a lot to me!             *****************************************

Update on the intermittent fasting: Well, isn't this fun!  Waiting until noon to eat, is not too horribly bad until about 10-10:30.  I find myself looking at the clock, sort of a countdown.  By noon, I grab whatever I have and devour it.  I am weighing-in only once per week ~ I did lose 2 1/2 pounds after the first week.  I'll have to wait a couple days to find out if the weight loss continues.  It already seems like a month instead of two weeks, haha.  I sure hope Monday will reveal the loss of another pound or two.

Enjoy your weekend!  It's summer, and the livin' is easy, right?

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Sioux's continuing decline. It is so hard when they get to that point of wondering when it is time to let them go, hard as it is. Never a fun decision to make.

    Lovely bag of goodies you got from the lavender festivities. I just looked it up on google as I thought Arizona had one too, and sure enough it did, last month lol :) Will have to remember it for next year. I do love the smell of lavender.

    Good with the weight loss. I agree about only weighing in one time a week; that's what I do. I'm maintaining now more than losing but the weekly weigh ins keep me accountable. If I'm up a pound or two then I tighten up the next week and it usually comes off.

    I hope the rest of your weekend is a nice one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I weighed in Monday I was supremely disappointed that I hadn't lost any weight at all. We will see what happens in 4 days! It was a nice weekend. I'm enjoying the lavender cream and hand wash!

      Delete
  2. The lavender festival sounds lovely. I worked i a restaurant once where the owner decided yo mske lavender ice cream. Maybe it's a delicacy somewhere - we and the customers reckoned it tasted like soap. Sorry to read of Sioux's continuing decline. Love her and make her safe. Xxx F & Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's like this: she had a terrible day yesterday, and a good one today. This is our life! Good days and bad days. I sure do want a vacation.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to taste the lavender honey. That slight flavour would be delicious.
    Sorry to hear about Sioux. At least you're doing the best for her.
    Your intermittent fasting sounds like a real struggle. You need something you can live with long term. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny ~ it's much easier when I'm not working, isn't that odd (the fasting)?
      You could try making your own lavender honey! Here is the link: https://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-lavender-honey-383209 Let me know if you try it!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...