March 5, 2022

It's getting real...............

 

I chose this spiral staircase, not because I'm heading down, but going up!!  

On March 8th, I will have 12 weeks left.  6 more paychecks.  😮

We all survived the retirement of our previous office manager.  She is still somewhat involved, as she's putting the open house party together on 4/22 for the incoming doctor ~ which we met last Monday.  One thing that struck me, is the resemblance of the doc that's staying and the new one.  It's really rather uncanny.  I told them they look a bit like brothers 😛  I think it's weird, but hey.  

I did get a raise, which went into effect on my last paycheck, which was nice since we had a short month and we are paid hourly.  

Otherwise, it's been busy busy both at work and at home.  And I put aside an hour to go and get a pedicure, which I haven't had since the first part of November.  Since we've had warm temperatures, I've been tempted to wear sandals, until I have a look at the state of my toes, haha.  Of course, the temp's have plummeted (70 a day or two ago, and the high tomorrow of 46 ~ typical early spring weather).  So, probably won't wear sandals to church on Sunday.  I am not sure if I will continue to go to a salon to have them done.  The price was more than last year ~ so what's new, everything has gone up ~ so I'll have to "polish" my skills.  Sorry for the pun!  There were only two people working in the salon, the owner and one technician.  She told me they just can't find help.  Maybe they went back to school so they could get higher paid jobs?  I assume that the pay is likely around minimum wage for technicians.  You could not pay me enough to work on people's gnarly feet!  But I can manage my own, lol.

I spent much of yesterday doing laundry, as I didn't do any the weekend before, so I had two loads worth.  Cleaned the bathroom.  Dusted.  Put stuff away.  My office is still in need of tidying though.  Today is bread baking day ~ I've baked three loaves already and have two more to go.  The first three are for church (bread for communion), and the other two are sourdough loaves.  I finally figured out it's better to bake 2 smaller loaves and give one away.  Romeo and I could not finish a full loaf in a week!  Probably a good thing!

I am right on track as far as my financial goals.  But I admit that it's a tad bit nerve wracking, saying goodbye to a bi-monthly paycheck ~ especially since I just had a raise!!  Sigh.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the end is really in sight! That is great to hear! Congrats on the raise! I know what you mean about saying goodbye to that biweekly (or in my case working temp jobs a weekly) paycheck. But the good news is you can choose to work a bit down the line if you want to. Take a temp job if you want to. But it is on your terms and you might decide to do so.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t have any plans for a paid part-time job :-) I am really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. The stairs are so scarily awesome. It raises so many architectural questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few spiral staircases, not sure where this one is though. Aren't they cool?

      Delete
  3. Have a great Clean Monday. Do they all eat seafood and fly kites over there?
    Happy Lent. I'm baking flatbread, laganas today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I has taken a few days to adjust to all these veggies (so much fiber! haha). We do eat seafood, but kite flying? Not sure on that one. :-)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...