February 21, 2022

It's an on hold day........

 

**please note the pinky

My church ladies group ~ Philoptokos (which means Friend of the Poor) had a "high tea" membership luncheon Saturday.  My friend, who is the cook who typically caters these things suggested we take photos before all the craziness, which turned out to be a great idea.  I was so tired after it was done.   And I don't think I looked quite the same after it was all done!

So, as it turns out I was lucky on the Southwest Airlines ticket.  Because I had not responded to any of the revision notices they sent me, they will refund me the cost, which is a very good thing because they can't (or won't) extend the travel credit.  See?  Here is how procrastination ~ one of my big negatives ~ has been reinforced as not so bad....     I did have to wait and hour and 20 minutes to reach a representative.  I did nearly all that waiting working out on my treadmill, so at least I got my workout done.

I was feeling lucky, so I called Louisiana Vital Records, but no love there.  They have my case, but it hasn't been assigned to anyone yet.  Arghhhh

Win some, lose some....

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. Sounded like a lovely tea! Great it worked out for you with your airline ticket refund!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. You should have taken an 'after' photo as well.Lots of spinach pies and baclava?
    Woohoo for the refund. Your patience was well rewarded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have some really special food, but there was much I wasn't able to taste! Like the split pea soup....there was a bit of a problem with the head count, so cooks and assistants eat what's left over. My favorite were the little puff pastry dumplings with brie and fig jam, yum yum.

      Delete
  3. Your photo turned out great and glad things went well with Southwest. They have always taken good care of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did schedule my flight to Texas to arrive a day earlier than I planned. Who knows if there will be changes to the flights? I sure don't want us to be late getting off!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...