October 13, 2022

Falling in love with fall......

 




70 degree days, chilly mornings.....perfect for a cup of hot coffee while watching the news.  Oh, and chasing the puppy, trying to keep him out of trouble.  House training is going well.  Peg, I have ordered a doggy door bell which will arrive on Friday.  Training to commence immediately.  I think it will be successful, as he is one really smart puppy.

We are waiting (5 more days) for the last of the puppy shots, the vet is coming on the 18th. I will have to warn him about the biting.  I'm sure he's experienced with it :D  Once those are done, we can go more places with him.  For now we are confining mostly to sidewalks and our neighborhood for walks outside.  We'd both like to go to the mountains for a hike, but that will have to wait!  Yesterday two kids came up and wanted to pet him, the girl picked him up and after I warned her not to drop him, she did....luckily the halter and leash broke the fall.  Lesson learned: kids don't listen.  The boy stuck out his finger and said: bite me! which is when I grabbed him up and said goodbye.  Sheesh.  

Otherwise, my projects have been on hold, until Demitri is in his crate for a rest.  He will sleep for 2 or 3 hours after a busy morning.  I have tons of photos to go through, with the decision on whether to keep or have scanned.  I've been thinking about it, and I don't know what type of media to have them scanned to.  Obviously there are the memory sticks, but remember when discs were the standard?  My laptop doesn't even have a disc reader anymore.  I don't want to spend all this money on something that will be obsolete in 4 or 5 years.  

 


 My original banneton's were getting old and crusty, making my dough stick to it.  So I tried these wood pulp baskets.  On the very first try, the dough came out beautifully.   I am going to get rid of my cane baskets and replace them with these!      Sometimes it really is the little things......


 Have a wonderful day!

Love, 365

 

4 comments:

  1. I never liked for little kids to want to pet our first corgi. Often I would tell them no when they asked if they could pet him and when he went blind I definitely didn't let anyone pet him since he couldn't see them. Some kids would say "why" when I said they couldn't pet him to which I always answered "because I said so." Most kids who did pet him were gentle but some were a bit rough, patting him hard instead of petting him. So I always discouraged it if I was alone walking him. My husband was more accommodating. Glad to hear the potty training is going good.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I agree, it was stupid on my part. I should have said no and left. The kids Dad was sitting not far away, but he didn’t say anything ;-/
      I was hoping to socialize him more, he hadn't interacted with any kids yet, but after that experience I won't be saying yes again!

      Delete
  2. My daughter has a new puppy too. Chasing the puppy seems to be a big part of her day now. Boy is he fast! Dimitri must be keeping you fit though.
    Interesting about the banneton. I've never used one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F's never used a banneton either. Now she has to do some research. I, the Tigger, say good on you for stopping strangers touching your dog. Now I need to train F. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...