June 23, 2023

Apparently New Mexico is like my oven ~ preheating...

 

Flowers are just so cheerful....

Even the neglected hollyhocks in the park are blooming, whereas mine are just putting on more and more leaves.......

Out the door at 6:45am but it still just looks hot.  Also ran into Emily, a sweet lady who's 90.  She's a talker.  While waiting for her to wind down I stood there in the sun sweating my ass off.  

A locust tree/shrub.  They are blooming like crazy right now.

This loaf of lemon-blueberry sourdough is smiling at me, lol.

There isn't much going on.  The usual stuff, I have to pry myself out of bed early so that we don't melt on the morning doggy walks.  Demitri has lots of doggy friends ~ Romeo and I laughed that he probably has more friends than we do.  When a doggo doesn't come over to say hi, he looks at them like "hey!  how are ya!  come say hi!".  

We have been baking for our annual Greek Festival that our church holds every October.  Yes, already.  We sell a lot of baked goods ~ probably the biggest seller is baklava.  Which I hate making, it's just so fiddely and it seems like the phyllo dough is never quite fresh enough to be easy to work with.  The huge chest freezers we have are filling up.  We're also working on baklava cheesecake, another big seller.  It's only been three weeks, and we're already tired :-)  Luckily, our baking scheduler and manager is out of town so we'll get Tuesday off, and the week of the 4th of July off.  When I saw she had the 4th on the baking schedule, I texted her and said, no one will come on the 4th, what are you thinking?  Haha

My garden is doing well, and we've entered the daily watering stage.  I have lots of green tomatoes, and I can't wait until they ripen.  There are 6 bell pepper plants too, but no fruit on those yet, just blooms.  I had a visitor I noticed yesterday....

I noticed this catepillar on my dill plant and looked it up...it will be a black swallowtail butterfly someday.  I can't move it to my wysteria, because they like dill, parsley, etc.  I am just gonna let it go, and hope I get to see it emerge from it's chrysalis.  Although it will likely disappear and unexpectedly as it came.  

Well, it's time to clean the bathroom and then take a shower.  Y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365






7 comments:

  1. Waaaay too hot. Read this week that the state of Oregon is suing fossil fuel companies for the extreme high temperatures a couple years ago. I swear I do NOT get people. Wth???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, good luck Oregon....that just ain't gonna fly :-)

      Delete
  2. Far too hot!! Thank goodness temps are rising slowly here. So far.
    Baking in July? Crazy Greeks. Wonderful glyka/sweets. So imaginative. Baclava cheesecake? Wouldn't mind trying that. As for making baclava, no way. The bakery does it so well. You're a hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also save all the crunchy ends and pieces that don't make the cut for selling individually for baklava sundaes. I am going to get one of those this year! Yum yum

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is also hot in Lake Havasu City,AZ. right around 112. I and the wife are headed to the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Arizona, but it's just too hot there! Sure is beautiful though...

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...