October 8, 2013

Fall fun.....

Rancho de las Golondrinas (ranch of the swallows)

We did it again ~ we love going to the Harvest Festival in Golondrinas!  The day was truly beautiful, sunny and cool.  We spent about 3 1/2 hours wandering around, listening to the museum volunteers explaining how the Spanish colonists managed to survive in New Mexico during the 17th and 18th century.  

I know, but I've always been fascinated by cat tails.  

Hand died wool, from their own sheep, hand sheared, carded and spun.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

I'm diggin' the hand stamped wall decor on the plastered walls.  

In the past, they decorated this root cellar with pumpkins, but there wasn't enough rain for pumpkins this year.  Using gourds was a clever, if not as colorful, idea.  Hey, I like change!

Wagon rides, pulled by this beautiful pair of draft horses.  

The pond was clear and pretty, with a few trees turning gold.  


As usual, we went to Santa Fe for lunch.  I had a green chili burger for lunch at the Plaza Cafe....
Why chop the chile when you can just drape it over the meat???  I've never had one prepared this way before, but it was delicious.  I added onion, tomato and lettuce.  The fries were wasted, because I'm one of those weird folks that doesn't like potatoes.  

It was a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...