June 8, 2014

Ahhhh, the cast is off!!

Chaco Canyon.....Zen with clouds

Finally!  I had my cast removed on Tuesday.  It was everything I hoped it would be.....complete with a slightly withered appearance of my forearm and flaky, scaly looking skin.  The orthopaedist said it wasn't completely healed yet, and suggested I wear a splint when I am doing something, and leave it off if I'm not doing anything, and to gradually wear it less often.  Then they asked me to sign a waiver for the splint "in the event that insurance does not cover the cost, you will be responsible for the $299.00 price tag".  Uh, OK.  I suppose that's why we have an FSA account, to cover shit the insurance doesn't want to. Oh, yeah, never mind that I broke my wrist.....and yet I rant for no reason (yet) because I don't know whether or not it will be.  I think they will...but I will call and make my displeasure known if they don't.  Not that that will do any good.  I like to apply the "if you don't ask, you certainly won't get it" philosophy.  As the Dr. didn't really say anything about physical therapy, I purchased a set of squishy balls (snort!) that was advertised to be a "hand therapy kit" from Target...cost about 15 bucks, and have been working with it.  The most painful part is stretching out the tendons...they seem to have tightened up and I can barely bend my hand up.  It's also very weak, so racquetball is out for another few weeks at least.  By the time I get back to it, I hope I will be able to hit the damn ball....

On Friday when I got to work, the boss let me know that someone had stolen all of the copper tubing/pipes on three of the buildings in our complex (ours was one of them), and we didn't have any water.  The happy consequence was that I was off by noon, ready for the weekend.  It's a terrible thing to have people so desperate that they will steal copper pipes & wire (and risk being electrocuted) for a few bucks.  Desperation is never pretty.

Yesterday I treated myself to a pedicure at a different salon than my usual place.  It was more $$, but wow, they do a lot more too.  I figure that its about $7 more than they other salon, but they did such a great job.  If it lasts longer then I'm certainly going to switch.  

Yesterday I was out in the backyard picking up dog poop (a 3x weekly really super fun job!), and happened to look over the cinder block fence, and to my anger and dismay, discovered that our neighbors are picking up their dogs poop and throwing it over.....instead of bagging it and throwing it away.  I had wondered why it stinks so bad when it's hot.  Phew!  So I called the city and posted a complaint, and we'll see.  This, despite the campaign the city has put out there asking people to please pick up after their pets so that when we finally do get rain, it won't wash down the arroyos and pollute the river.  I am so pissed.  How lazy is that?  Both of these individuals smoke, so they probably don't smell the miasma of stinkyness.  Gag......

It is a beautiful day here...it cooled off due to storms we had although we didn't get any rain :-(.    I also want to go & finish watching Djokovic & Nadal battle it out.....

Have a wonderful week!
Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding? your neighbors were tossing dog poop over their fence??? that's almost more work than bagging it up and throwing it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! We sent our "dear neighbor" letter this week, and I wish I could be a fly on the wall when she read it ~ it's probably her son who's throwing it over. The city said we would have had to witness the act, but knowing that even if we did, they still wouldn't do anything. I guess it's a wait and see situation....sigh.

      Delete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...