December 30, 2017

Oh, the joy......

(Bing images)

I jumped the gun.  I spent likely an hour unsubscribing from various e-mails last night.  

I've already seen the benefits this morning....only had about 10 e-mails between 9pm and 7am.  Still too many.

Truthfully, there were a few where I hesitated.  "What if I miss something?"  Soldiering on, I hit the unsubscribe button.  I think this process might take awhile.  Romeo mentioned that he still receives e-mail from organizations he unsubscribed from.  No matter, I will continue to unsub until they go away.  I'm not sure what I'll do if they ignore it.  Some of the e-mails didn't have an unsub button or link, so I replied with "STOP!", although I doubt that will work.  There's probably some poor schlub that deletes all of those..in a dark closet with a cold cup of coffee.

Romeo and I are driving up to Santa Fe today for lunch and a bit of sidewalk shopping.  It has been wonderfully warm here this winter.  Normally by this time there have been several snowstorms, with the cold air to go with it, but we are supposed to have temps in the 60's today.  In December!!  I don't mind it being warm, but it is also terribly dry.  We haven't had any measurable moisture for over 2 months.  It's going to be an ugly spring if we don't get much snow.  

To all of you who have read this blog over the past year(s), and bothered to 
comment or give encouragement or tell me I'm crazy or whatever.....


It is truly appreciated....I love this blogging community!

Love ~ for reals! ~ 365

6 comments:

  1. Be sure you unsub to a legitimate pain in the butt source. I am always afraid that some bs scam has inserted bad stuff to the unsubscribe button and that act will infect your computer. These bastards are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just mark it as spam and the email filters will just throw them in the trash from then on. That way I avoid contacting or clicking something that's trying to get my info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have marked email as spam (this morning I had one that said I needed to log in to Chase and update info ~ geez, I wasn't born yesterday, nor do I have a Chase account). Most of the e-mails I'm unsubscribing from are my own doing. It seemed like a good idea at the time! Some of these companies send an email every. single. day. Hence the decision to cut the cord.

      Delete
    2. Some email clients will ask if you want to unsubscribe to them and will do it for you when you mark them as spam. I'm pretty sure Gmail does that. I'm bad at that as well, I sign up for something, sure I'll get the emails, then a week later I'm tired of them.

      Delete
  3. This is a good idea thank for sharing on the website.

    หนังไซไฟ

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...