November 27, 2018

It's really too late for this nonsense.....


Ugh, it is past my bedtime, but I'm a little too wound up to rush off to bed. 

Registration quirkyness:  my last semester is in the spring, and supposedly I will graduate in May.  However, the degree audit I did tonight shows some discrepancies that will make going to the advisor a necessity.  I hate going.  I have to take time out of my schedule to wait around ~ despite making an appointment.  It's always so vague.  I wish (and I've said this before) that the student should be able to pick and choose the classes that fit their interests.  Of course you have to take the basics, but when you start getting into your junior year, it should be up to us.  Not the stupid curriculum book.  Hmph.

Today's idiocy:  Instead of leaving at 10:20 for class from work, I wasn't really paying attention and left at 9:20.  By the time I was at a stop light and could read the text my coworker sent me, it would not have made sense to go back to work and leave 15-20 min later to go again.  So, tomorrow I will have to eat lunch at my desk ~ which I detest ~ to make up that hour.  Sheesh. 

Vegan Wednesdays: the Orthodox faith asks it's members to avoid eating meat and dairy on Wednesdays.  Although I understand the reasoning they use, it's a pain because I don't really like beans.  I don't want to eat peanut butter every Wednesday of my life to get some protein.  I made a vegan lentil soup for tomorrow.  But although I will get used to stuff like that, I don't think I'm going to enjoy it.  I asked my friend who attends the same church if she follows the restrictions, and she looked at me with a funny expression and said "no".   However, I don't like doing things half-assed, so I'm going with it.  At least on Friday I can have fish. 

Ok, now maybe I can get some sleep. 
Maybe I'll dream of hamburgers and graduation.
Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. I must have missed a post or two. Last I remember you were reading about religions and having never been a religious person was finding this interesting. So you have picked one and are now observing all the rules and regulations? Hmm....what did I miss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really written much about it. But in time I will. :-)

      Delete
  2. I guess I could make it one day a week, but I like plain yogurt and also peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately yogurt has dairy in it, so that's out. And as I mentioned to Mr Shife, the soup was actually very good.

      Delete
  3. Hope everything got resolved with your advisor regarding graduation and you had wonderful dreams of hamburgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ unfortunately the advisor cancelled Friday (today) so I had to schedule an appointment for Monday. I have not had many great advisor meetings. The last time I waited and waited, watching the clock as my paid parking slip away.

      Actually the vegan lentil soup is delicious. It might be that cooking it one day and letting it sit for a day or two in the fridge improves the flavor.

      Delete
  4. Religion just.. confounds me. I am okay with people believing whatever they believe as long as they're not trying to convert me. But even when I was religious, I did not believe that there was a being who cared what I ate and on which days I ate it.

    College isn't about education. It's about perpetuating a system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, I'm a bit confused about it too. It's rather a bit of a trial run. I have to say I love the service, the people, and Father Conan. So, we'll see, huh?

      As far as college goes, I'm going to perpetuate it for one more semester. :)

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...