December 3, 2018

What happens at the end of a semester?

Well, here's a visual  :D

A CNM (Central NM Community college) professor posted this on FB, and I laughed, and then thought how true it is.  How eager and excited we are at the beginning of the semester.  How detailed we are with our assignments.  And, how that all changes when we realize that we have to take some short cuts and become less enamored toward the end, when all we want to do is finish.  And, that is where all of us student (and professors too I would imagine) are right now.  I submitted my final paper for The History of Christianity last night.  I had made quite a bit of progress on it before the weekend (imagine that!!), so instead of doing a marathon this weekend, it was only a few hours on Sat & Sun.  

My paper was on the Black Death and the impact on Christian life.  We had a choice between three different books ~ books that contain primary documents.  And wow, that was an eye opener.  The one that affected me the most was Giovanni Boccaccio's Introduction to The Decameron, written in 1340-1351.  He describes the horror of it well.  

I have always been fascinated by the Black Death, which changed our world so dramatically, but the previous books I had read were secondary documents ~ written by historians, usually much later than the events took place.  So The Black Death: The Great Mortality of 1348-1350 by John Aberth was quite enlightening.  It is relatively inexpensive if you are interested.  

One week from tomorrow is our final exam. As usual, our professor hasn't posted the study guide for it yet.  I hope it is not comprehensive.  

Well, I suppose I should start my day ~ I hope all of you have a great week!

Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. I love the cartoon and honestly this could apply to me when I start a project and then hit road bumps and how it's painful to get to the finish line. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I would say it works well in a variety of situations! Like painting a room, or gardening :)

      Delete
  2. The photo sums it up quite nicely. Best of luck on your final and nice work on your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the horse says it all.

    The Black Plague, it's hard to put simple words to its impact.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...