February 24, 2019

Don't you hate it when.......

...and the best laid plans seem to always go awry.

I've been working on my paper and hit a bit of a mental snag.  So, I'm taking a bit of a break from the tedium that is writing college papers.  

Yesterday it took me an hour or so to really get into writing.  I had just gotten the hang of it when I had to stop to shower & get ready to go to the church, since I had volunteered to help out with setting up for a post-baptism meal that the child's parents had put on.  In my previous Protestant life, baptisms were not followed by a catered lunch.  But, I know that Catholics throw a fairly big shindig whenever they can, and baptisms are one of those.  I am still new to orthodoxy, so I continue to learn new things.  The ladies group I joined posts a list of "happenings" for each month, and in the spirit of things I signed up for the event that happened yesterday.  For some reason I was under the impression it was just decorating.  When I arrived, the hall was already decorated.  Apparently what I signed up for was to heat up all the food and then help serve.  So I immediately texted Romeo and told him it was not going to take the hour I set aside.  It turned out to be 3 1/2 hours instead.  

The only downside for me was that I knew that I would not be writing after I returned home.  I was really tired......and being around a group of Greek women that have done this for ages was a little stressful.  I kept trying to find ways to be helpful and follow their direction.  Then it was cleanup time, and that took awhile too.  I arrived at 2:30 and was not home again until nearly 6:30.  And I had a raging headache.  Luckily, two Advil did the trick, but I was in no mood to sit at my desk.  

They did have some wonderful food that had been prepared the day before.  Chicken and spinach wrapped in philo dough, and a beautiful eggplant parmesan that was rolled to resemble rosettes.  It all smelled wonderful.  And they let me take enough of the food left over so that Romeo and I could have some.  Don't get me wrong, it was delicious.  But after some thought, I decided that I am a huge fan of tacos.  Which I would have enjoyed so much more than this complicated and delicate Greek food.  Truly the one Greek dish I really like is gyros.  And that's just a sandwich, haha.  

Yes, I'll have tacos please.......

The next time I volunteer for an event at the church, I'll email and ask how long the event will be.....

Love, 365

2 comments:

  1. Taco's over Spanakopita huh? That's a first for me.
    I'll eat y our Spanokopita and you can have my tacos.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that deal any day, lol. Although to be fair, I haven't had spanakopita yet.

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...