February 22, 2019

Quiet.........

Early morning in Comfort, Texas

It was quite early when I got up this morning, Romeo let the dog out and when she was finished, came back upstairs to bed.  I couldn't go back to sleep so wandered into my office with my coffee to read blogs and finish waking up.  An hour later I hear a bit of traffic, and the box fan we use as white noise but nothing else.  It's funny how sometimes I relish those quiet moments, while other times I prefer to listen to music or watch the news to fill the silence.  

 Sioux has a very early internal alarm....

One of you bloggers mentioned how some folks post every day or nearly so.....it made me think of how I barely manage one post a week.  I think my life is so full of stuff to do I find it difficult to write of the flow of life in our household as it is mostly uneventful.  Which is a blessing in my eyes.  

Romeo is struggling to figure out what to do with his time now that he is retired.  It's tough when one of a couple is still working and the other isn't.  He does do the majority of the house cleaning and cooking, although I get into the kitchen during the weekends because although he does a fair job, I just can't do his simple meals 7 days out of 7.    It's really not that mine is complicated ~ it's that the flavors are more complex.  I think we need to go to 5 Star Burgers this weekend.  They have a great bison burger and wonderful sweet potato fries. It'll be a nice change from cooking at home......

I have an essay to write this weekend, so will be very busy while sitting.  I'm going to try getting up every hour for a 15 min walk on the treadmill.  If I go outside, I doubt I will come back, haha.  

Tuesday morning was a dreadful day to have to drive to work, as we had snow......it wasn't too bad until the last 1/3 of the drive, and then it was awful.  I put on my brakes (at an intersection) but continued to slid around, as did many others.  There were over 100 accidents.  I was thankful that UNM closed (as did all schools) because I really didn't want to venture onto the freeway to go to class.  I think our instructor was a bit peeved, but I'm not sure if it was because we didn't have any class this week (she was out yesterday) or because students were asking for the scan of one of our reading assignments from the textbook they should have had 4 weeks ago.  I mentioned in class that I got the book for less than $10 from Amazon, but since she was providing copies I guess they decided not to buy it or check it out.  She sent us an email with GET THE BOOK all in caps.  I had to chuckle.  Students are notoriously lazy.  I include myself in that ~ case in point, I've known about the essay for two weeks and haven't started it yet.


Have a wonderful weekend!
Love, 365

8 comments:

  1. Stop blogging and get to that essay!

    When I retired there was nothing to do, now there is not enough time in the day keeping busy doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going, I'm going! haha
      I suppose Romeo will become accustomed to it, it's only been a couple of months. I'm having a hard time getting up in the morning, but that's always been true. :-)

      Delete
  2. We got our fair share of snow as well. Almost 6 inches and people were driving like they had never seen snow before. Good times. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had about 5 to 6 inches last night....and I know what you mean, unless you come from and grow up in an area where they have snow 6 months or more out of the year, we just don't develop the skills. Coming from Texas ~ where snow is a rarity that shuts down the whole city (even an inch!) I had to learn the hard way. Drive slow and white knuckle it the whole way. Good times indeed... :-)

      Delete
  3. I hate getting up in the morning. I love my job. But I will never love 5 AM. Even if I live to be 250 years old.

    College... well, you know what I think about that. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. When I started my job 4 years ago, I was happy to set my alarm for an hour later, since we don't have to be in at 6:45, but 7:45. Admittedly I did enjoy getting off at 4 instead of 5 in the previous job.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you walk 15 minutes every hour? That's dedication! I agree to make the meals here because I prefer my own cooking and I like variety. Hubby takes care of dishes. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think I didn't make myself clear ~ while working on this paper, which will take hours, I will get on the treadmill and walk every hour. It helps with focus, and gives me a break.
      I would love to do most of the cooking, but with work and this (*^&* class, I just don't have time. But like you, I prefer my own!

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...