October 31, 2020

Ruidoso, New Mexico.....

 

This view of the lake is one of my favorites...
A very sweet Texas lady helped us with this photo.....where it looks like we're choking the dog 😁
 A wee bit of color in the woods.....
Another beautiful view....

There were pluses and minuses on the condo.  
    Pluses: Deer, turkey, birds were all over.  Some of the deer were very tame and allowed people to touch them.
                Amazing views...
                Fairly quiet.....
                Open woody areas for hiking/walking the dog....
                Inexpensive, with a full kitchen so we didn't have to eat out......
 
    Minuses:  The outside lights came right through the flimsy curtains, so it was like having a full room night light.....
                There was no soap for the shower (which I felt they should have let us know ahead of time)...
                The sofa and chair were so worn out it made your back hurt after 30 minutes, but the tv wasn't in the bedroom.......
                 The shower head, omg, sprayed water every where.......
                 A charge of $50 if you don't wash up the dishes ~ there was a dishwasher but no soap for it....
                They put us right next to the office, so there wasn't much privacy when we were out on the deck (which was most of the time when we weren't out and about).  The family who ran it had kids, and one little girl thought it was fun to sit and watch us......to be fair, she did get bored after a few hours... 
 
Next time we go we are going to rent one of the cabins in town.  These condo's were obviously high end back in the day ~ there was a jetted tub that worked at one time.  It's just so run down!  Ah well, lesson learned.  We had a good time relaxing and it was so good to get away.  The minuses were minor inconveniences really.  Or, we could stay in Cloud Croft, which is a very small town not far from Ruidoso.  
 
Enjoy your weekend!
Love, 365
 
P.S. I voted early not long after the early voting began.  I've been amazed at all the folks that have dusted off their voting plans and have gone out there!  Records are being set all over ~ I believe I heard Texas has over 9 million early votes!  So, don't be shy, get out there!!
 

 

7 comments:

  1. You had me had “white sands” on your last post. I want to go! But maybe I’ll pick other accommodations too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....there were other rentals on the mountain, so maybe try one of those!

      Delete
  2. I could use some away and relaxing time... beautiful scenery.
    When we stay at my parents' time share, the resort provides soap and shampoo etc... but we bring our own,we don't like theirs. OMG I've become that picky old lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well we all get a bit particular as we age, right? But using hand soap in the shower? Nope.
      But it was very beautiful. Fall is a great time to see New Mexico ~ but I sure wouldn't mind some beach time :-) That's a lot longer drive....

      Delete
  3. That's just beautiful!
    Tomorrow night half of greeces top journalists will be givimg us live updates. We won;'t be watching but it seems most of the world will be. I hope you wake up next morning with a clear result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think it's clear we won't. I'm not watching. I abhor politics and am sick of it all ~ I voted 2 weeks ago, and once I did that, it was all over for me!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Shall we go crazy? Yes, I think we shall.......

 There are a lot of things on my mind lately.  One of them is my upcoming colonoscopy.  Which I don't want.   I had one scheduled last f...