February 14, 2021

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

 

Happy Valentines Day, to all of you love birds........

I'm listening to dozens of tiny birds, mostly sparrows and finches.....Romeo threw bird seed out on the snow, and they have congregated to take advantage of the bounty.  It is very cold today ~ 13 degrees.  We also had a snow thunderstorm yesterday evening, complete with a lot of lightening.  We don't usually have those kinds of storms.  I was driving home and  saw a few spectacular lightening bolts, one of which produced a huge boom! afterward.  I arrived home minutes before the the blizzard, which was short lived, until about 2 or 3 in the morning, when it started to snow again.  At least, I assume the weather channel was correct, because I was sound asleep.  😴

The result of this 3-4 inches (don't forget the bitter cold and wind) of snow is that I have a morning off from church, as it was cancelled due to the terrible driving conditions.  I have yet to hear a snow plow, but I'm hoping to hear them this afternoon....or that my employers will cancel tomorrow's work day.  I'm sure that the roads are very icy.  I grew up in Texas, where snow is as rare as hen's teeth (to continue my birdy theme today 😁).  I don't enjoy driving in snow and ice, mostly because I have little experience.....and given how people around here drive in it, neither do they.

Romeo did bring me flowers and chocolate yesterday, even though I didn't ask ~ usually I would tell him not to spend the silly amounts of money on flowers that die in less than a week.  He was thrifty, which made me so happy.....even if that sounds weird.  He doesn't need to do these things, because he shows his love every day in all the little things he does.  I am so lucky!  


 

Have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day. That you've got someone you call 'Romeo' says it all!
    Take care on those roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day!

    With the warmer winters, these days even in Jersey people can't drive in the snow.

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...