February 12, 2021

TGIF everybody!

 

                                I'm just waiting for that right moment to post this on FB.....Lol

It has been a looooong week.  I don't know why it seemed so long!  By 3 pm I was so ready to go home, but still 2 hours left to go.  Do you have work days like that?  It's so annoying.  Maybe I'm not busy enough :-)

In January of last year (I think I wrote a post about it) while playing doubles, one of the players ran in front of me, resulting in my tripping over their feet and falling.  I broke my left arm.  Then, just as the orthopedist gave me the go ahead to go back, everything was shut down.  I suppose that was mid March.  I had actually put my membership on hold a week before, which is a six month deal.  But, they kept allowing us to keep the membership on hold due to the ongoing pandemic.  Nice, huh?  The last part of January I had a reminder to decide what to do with the membership.  I was paying a LOT for that membership.  Romeo said he wasn't going back, he would just continue with home work-outs and if he wanted to go to the gym, he'd go to Planet Fitness, which is usually around $10 a month.  So it was up to me if I wanted to keep going.  The kicker is that this gym is the only one in town that has racquetball courts, ergo, if you want to play racquetball, you must pay!  Once upon a time there were multiple gyms that had courts, but it seems that it is not as popular as it once was, and eventually they all removed those courts to make room for other gym activities or closed all together.  

It is a competitive and active sport.  I have been playing off and on for over 20 years.  I would love to keep playing, but after a lot of thought I decided to cancel.  It's just too much money!  We could take a nice yearly vacation with the money I was paying.  Now that Romeo is retired, and given the financial goals I have in mind, it just doesn't fit so well anymore.  So, when I called Michelle at the club and informed her of my decision, she "reminded" me that I would have to pay for that last month of membership.  What kind of bull shit is this????  And sure enough, on the 4th of the month, a big ol' withdrawal was ripped out of our account.  So, I figure, it's paid for, I might as well go, especially since I've had my two vaccines.  

So I go to Wednesday night racquetball, the first time in over a year.  It took a bit to get the feel of it again...you know?  It was so fun.  I had a blast, and ended up playing for 2 hours.  

The next day I could hardly move my right arm, haha.  I had, as I usually do, over done it just a little bit.  And my right knee was wonky.  The knee is ok now, but the arm is still very sore.  I think I need to add a better weight lifting routine, because I obviously wasn't strengthening those muscles at all.   I hope it's all back to normal for next week  :-)

Love, 365


6 comments:

  1. If you enjoy it that much maybe you should find a way to keep the membership, just take it a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy it that much, but no....I just can't. It's really too bad the gym won't negotiate the dues. Two of my co-workers who were members cancelled their membership too, so maybe they will eventually reduce the cost to gain more members.

      Delete
  2. Weight training is useful but there nothing like the all directions workout of full on sport. We hear you on expense - so costly to stay active right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I have given thought to taking tennis lessons in the spring.

      Delete
  3. At least you can get that last month of exercise. IF you take it easy lol. Such a pity you cant continue without paying through the roof. Youre lucky to find exercise that you love, even if it is a 'dangerous' sport. Take care and keep on going as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my arm is finally back to normal, but I will keep it in mind when I go to play this week!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...