May 27, 2021

Memorial Day weekend, whatcha doing?......

 

This is a lava margarita....my coworker and I went after work for happy hour a couple of months ago, specifically to order these.  They are delicious.  It's like a dessert that gives you a really nice little high.  If you have two, you might need to get an Urber home, lol.  

Twice a year we have "clean night" at our office.  After work today we clean the office from top to bottom and our reward is being paid for Friday, and of course our holiday on Monday.  On Tuesday when we go back from our four days off, the office is dust free, and everything is shiny and clean.  For awhile, anyway!  The plexi-glass we have at our desk is really getting annoying.  It's hard to clean, and patients bump their heads on it constantly.  I guess they just don't notice it ~ even though they can't hear me through it!  Honestly, sometimes they even stand there waiting for me to take their temperature through it.  I will be so glad when we can remove it, and get rid of the masks.  Right now we still have to wear them all day, thanks to the ADA.

So begins a four day weekend, and I am so looking forward to it.  I have nothing ~ nothing! ~ planned for tomorrow.  I will leisurely get up, have coffee, watch the news and decide what I want to do.  Romeo asked if I wanted to go with him to Costco ~ but I think I'll pass 😁

Saturday I'll be baking with with my friend, then later that afternoon Romeo and I are going to their house for dinner.  It is very exciting to go somewhere to have dinner.  It's been so very long.  Life is beginning to return to the pre-Covid  routine.   We can go to many stores and not wear a mask ~ if you're fully vaccinated.  Of course, no one is asking for proof, and I think we're at the point that everyone should make their own choice.  I've done what's right for me, and I respect your choice too.  Have you been in a store where you're not required to wear a mask?  I noticed that at least 70% of people are still wearing them.  It does seem weird not to wear it!  

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. That drink looks amazing! I'd definitely enjoy one (or two) of them and am always thankful my hubby is the designated driver :)

    Sounds like you have a nice long weekend ahead! Enjoy it!

    I like that you respect people's choice about getting the vaccine or not getting it. By now people should know how to protect themselves and make their decisions about being out in public or not, mask or not, vaccinated or not :) We went to an estate sale last weekend and although the advertisement said to wear masks, no one was, so we didn't :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heartily recommend those margaritas...it'll take a tough day on work and turn it on it's head :-)
      I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. You are so brave to not go to Costco with Romeo. When Rick goes alone it's $500 and he bought nothing on the list!! Im still wearing a mask because most companies still require it. I don’t care but i do admit when its 90+ degrees i want to rip it off. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have it backwards...it's when I go that the bill is up there, haha. Yep, when it's hot, it is hard to wear that mask. I remember last summer very well.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your long weekend! We, here in Ontario, are still in lockdown which I personally think is too heavy-handed, but that's how it is. No Costco close to us, and I think that's probably a good thing. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope all of you open up more soon! Yes, Costco has it's pluses and minuses!!!

      Delete
  4. The only thing I can find on the Google is a LAVA Spicy Jalapeño Margarita, with LAVA as a brand name. Is that what you had? I went to our Costco the other day and got out with the bill less than 60 dollars! 'Course I was only looking for 3 or 4 things and only bought one item not on the list: Belgian dark chocolates from Godiva for milady!

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...