May 21, 2021

Time for tea......

 

Green tea is weird stuff.  After brewing, it does have a slightly acrid flavor.  I've taken to buying the kind mixed with mint.  I used to only drink tea and hated the taste of coffee!  I think I was 45 when a co-worker who loved coffee finally got me hooked.  I bought the green tea because I like to drink it in the evening so the caffeine doesn't keep me from falling asleep.  For a bit, I drank my tea with a bit of creamer or milk, but that particular habit didn't last long....    Now all I need is a lemon cookie :-)

I have used my bread/dough proofer twice, and plan to use it again tomorrow, as I am supplying the bread for church communion this Sunday.  Unlike so many things, it works exactly as advertised!  Apparently you can use it to make your own yogurt.  Maybe I'll give it a try sometime, but I so rarely eat dairy anymore, it might sit in the fridge for too long.  Oh, I do eat ice cream every now and then.  I'm not crazy, haha.

Sioux.  Well, she is doing ok.  She's still on the prednisone, so that makes her very hungry.  She does seem to be gaining a little weight.  She drinks so much water that Romeo has to get up in the middle of the night to let her out.  We've taken to putting the water up around 8-8:30, but then she gets him up because she just so thirsty.  The amount of prednisone goes down a bit beginning today, so maybe the thirst will diminish.  Romeo seems heartened to see the tiny amounts of progress she's making.  I hate to admit that I see it as a way to stave off the inevitable.  I still don't think she will survive this illness.  I see changes in her behavior that is freaky ~ like she will lay on her bed so still, with her eyes open, but when I go to say goodnight to her, she doesn't look at me, she just keeps staring off into the distance.  I try to cherish every moment I spend with her, and am especially gentle when I give her pets and scratches.  I am hoping she feels the love I feel for her through those touches.  

Ok!  On to a funny confession.  For some reason, in the last six to eight months, I have lost most of my eyebrows.  They used to be thick, and I've never been one to pluck them thin as was the fashion 15 or so years ago.  But I was having to fill them in with one of those awful brow pencils.  I hated it, and am not really very patient to do a good job.  Basically I slap on a bit of makeup and run out the door, because I don't get out of bed until the last second :D  So, I asked Romeo if it was ok with him that I spend a little bit of money on micro-blading.  And I asked because it would cost almost $400, which is a lot of money to spend on eyebrows.  Don't you think so?  After a bit of research, I discovered the going rate in Albuquerque is nearly $600! Crazy crazy stuff.  So I went to the technician in Santa Fe (which blows my mind that she is cheaper than here in town) and she did a great job.  They look great.  No more eyebrow pencil, or running around looking like Mona Lisa.  My makeup routine is quicker, and I don't feel like I have to let my bangs get so long to cover up the lack of brows.  


You see what I mean?  I had practically no brows left.  Romeo thinks it made me look a little younger, bless him.  Did it hurt?  Yep.  It was rather painful until she had completed the outline.  Then she used a numbing gel which made the rest more tolerable.  I will be going back in 1 to 1 1/2 years for a touch up, as microblading doesn't go as deep into the skin as traditional tattooing does.  I'm not much for permanent makeup, but I'm pretty sold on this.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love, 365



14 comments:

  1. Never heard of it...could they micro-blade my head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I doubt that the process could give you a whole head full of hair ~ might as well go buy one of those hilarious spray on cans, have you seen those advertised? And there's really no reason you would have heard of it, although it has become very popular lately ~ like those fake eyelashes that look like you have a teddy bear on your eyelids, haha

      Delete
  2. I've been having to fill in my eyebrows for the last couple of years now, too. I don't use a pencil, it looks too "scary", I use an angled brush and powder. Your microblading turned out great. I've seen some that are way too dramatic and fake looking. I'm so inherently cheap, I don't think I'd spend the few hundred dollars to get it done, however. I feel for you with your continued battle for your dog's health. It is tough to know when you are helping, or prolonging, but it is about best intentions, isn't it. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely (on the dog). We really need to do our best ~ my only caveat is that it is quality, with her enjoying her life.
      I had to laugh when you talked about the dramatic and really fake ones, I've seen those too. My technician said there's been a lot of change over the last couple of years, to go to a more natural result rather than the big and bold (and outrageous). I saw a young lady who had two inverted v's over her eyes, but my coworker said that's how she draws them in.....why, oh why?

      Delete
  3. Good to read that Soiux has made some progress. Mr B drinks green tea (lemon or earl grey flavoured) but F has never taken to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly hope she returns to full health, but as long as she is enjoying walks and doesn't seem in pain, I'm all for continuing to follow the recommendations of our vet.

      Delete
  4. First time visiting (but I'll be back). Enjoyed reading some of your recent posts. I had to look up what a bread proofer is (tells you much about me lol that I'm not a baker or a cook for that matter, thankfully hubby is). So sorry to hear about your dog, Sioux. Its hard when they have something going on with them and their health is suffering. Our first corgi had cancer (we treated him with chemo and he had a 3.5 year remission) but he was on prednisone for it until he developed diabetes from the prednisone. But I remember how thirsty he was from the prednisone and then the diabetes until we got it under control.

    I like your microblading! Turned out really nice!

    I'm not a super fan of green tea (or tea in general) but drank it occasionally because it was supposed to speed up one's metabolism? Not sure about that; that's probably why I stopped drinking it :)

    We lived in Santa Fe for 2 years (1996-1998) and enjoyed our visits to Albuquerque.

    Have a great rest of the weekend and hoping Sioux' health improves a bit.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment! How funny that you enjoyed Albuquerque, we do enjoy spending the day in Santa Fe. They have such wonderful restaurants.
      Sioux is doing better, and we hope that continues.

      Delete
  5. So sorry for Sioux and for you who are her caretakers. Pet owners know the agonies of losing one. But speaking of agony - yikes! Neither my wife nor I had ever heard of it so I Googled it and it, and your description of the pain, have convinced us we'd never do it. (Course, we're both in our 80's so I'm not sure who we'd be doing it for anyway!) She did do a good job on you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't think you're in need of micro-blading.
      Thank you for your kindness. Sioux is doing a little better. We are hopeful! And it is difficult.

      Delete
  6. Oh crikey! I forgot to say that I was referring to the microblading in my comment above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time I've heard of microblading. Looks good and thankfully lasts a while!
    Hope the bread was perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, the bread tasted great! It wasn't much to look at, but that doesn't matter as long as the seal is intact ~ whew!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...