November 12, 2021

28 weeks and 5 days, but who's counting?.....

 

Monday's bake......one person said it was possibly the most beautiful sourdough boule she's ever seen.  I say she is wrong, I've seen lots more that were more intricately scored than mine, but I appreciated the sentiment :-)  I think it's too dark, but I didn't set my timer for the first half, so there ya go.  It did prove to me that I can make bread any day of the week, I just have to get up 15-20 minutes earlier.  

I have 28 weeks left until retirement.  Every week my co-worker and I discuss how long we have left.  She's planning on retiring the same day I am. If she goes through with it, it will be the very first time I will lead a "trend", haha.  This was a tough week.  We are short handed again, with one less dental assistant and another person on vacation.  

We have one hygienist that is very popular ~ to the point that many of her patients would rather wait 2-3 months to see her rather than have their cleaning with someone else when she's on vacation.  Is that something you would do?  I always have to laugh (to myself, not out loud) when the person gives me the reason that "she knows my teeth".  What they really mean is she knows their quirks and likes/dislikes.  She just left on vacation for a week, and I dread it. She gives me a list of people to call, so that they know she will not be in.  What I have discovered is that she gives me the list of people she likes....there are plenty of others that become upset when they arrive and are informed that she isn't in.  Some begrudgingly stay and see someone else, some refuse to see another hygienist and reschedule ~ which means we've paid someone to come and take care of her patients and now they're going to be tapping their fingers for an hour.  These are the types of situations I will not miss when I am retired.  

Romeo and I are going to begin the process of obtaining our passports. Neither of us have ever had one before.  I am hoping to do some travel, but Romeo doesn't like long flights...so not sure how that is going to work.  Perhaps if he doesn't want to go to Europe I can go on a group tour.  I certainly would not want to do a trip like that by myself.  One of the main reasons we want them is because our driver license is not considered a "true ID" because some years ago our state began handing out licenses to undocumented immigrants.  So, either you put together a huge amount of paperwork to get this "real ID" (yes, that's what they call it), or just go get a passport.  That's the main reason.  If I don't do one or the other, I will not be able to fly to Texas, is that not stupid?  And if we take a few road trips up north (he was born in Ohio, and I have tons of family in Pennsylvania) we could actually go a bit further and visit Canada again. We were in Toronto years ago, and would love to go again.

I have been up since 3:30 am......stupid time change.  Even though "fall back" is an easier change to swallow, it's still annoying.  Why, oh why do we have to do this, when no one wants it?  I think over 70% of Americans don't want to deal with DST anymore.  I don't even care which one they decide to make permanent, I just want the madness to stop!!




Have a great weekend!

Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Get that passport. You've only got 28 weeks and then you'll be free. Free!
    That bread is a work of art. Bet it tasted fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good ~ I had some fresh thyme on hand which gave it a very subtle but delicious.
      I spent an hour locating all the paperwork I will need for tomorrow. For men that's fairly straight forward, but we women have to produce any paperwork that happens when you get married, get divorced, and then get married again :-)

      Delete
  2. I think your bread looks like a magazine cover for bread. Damn! I bet it tastes as great too.
    As for the clocks. It sucks. I wish when we move forward we keep it that way. I am so not a fan of daily saving time! And no one wants it you are correct.
    It took me no time at all to get my passport. paperwork and I took it to the post office, they took my oh so lovely photo and bam, done. Thankfully mine expired so i must get a new photo. I look like a criminal but it does make us laugh. Even the TSA looked at the photo, then at me, then the photo again and said you must have lost weight. I just said yes. He asked for my drivers license then too. I guess he was comparing. I told him I take bad pictures as he was viewing my license and he said no offense ma'am but you really do. I howled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, oh my that is funny in a tragic ~ not what any woman wants to hear, ever ~ kind of way. I did have a very compassionate lady at the DMV that re-took my photo 3 times. You know. :D
      Do you ever notice that there's all kinds of talk about stopping DST, then a week or so later no one talks about it anymore. The majority of our population has very short memories.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...