November 24, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!....

 

Yesterday one of our hygienists brought his dog's 8 puppies so we could see them....oh, they are soooo cute!  Mom is a siberian husky who is all white.  Each of these little cuties has dark blue eyes.  Truthfully there aren't many critters cuter than a 4 week old puppy!  

I sent a picture to Romeo, and he barely commented.  I would say he is not ready for a new dog, which is just as well since we are going to the Grand Canyon in June.  The North rim only allows dogs on a leash during a day trip.  Even if they had kennels, I wouldn't put my dog in one where they barely have enough people to keep things going, much less keep an eye on dogs.

We had our annual "clean night" after work yesterday.  Twice a year after work (right before Thanksgiving and Memorial Day) we do the top to bottom cleaning, and get paid for the next day in addition to the holiday.  As usual it was exhausting.  One of the items I cleaned were the huge panels of plexiglass the we have in front of our desks.  We really can't stand them.  You can barely hear other people with a mask on, and when you add the plexiglass it's even worse.  I think they'll be up at least another year ~ really, who knows??  

So today I had plans to make rolls, pie, and cranberry chutney.  I only got around to the chutney, I really wasn't feeling that great today.  So if I have Covid I'm going to be really pissed off, because I took an extra day off, haha.  I don't know if that's what it is, I guess I'll buy a rapid test if I continue to feel like crap.  Just tired with body aches.  I am concerned, because I know quite a few vaccinated people that have Covid.  And it would be a real bummer to have it now, although there's never a good time.  
 
Well, I hope to be super busy tomorrow, so I'll wish y'all the best now!  Enjoy your time with your families and friends....and be thankful that you have them in your lives.
 
Love, 365  

8 comments:

  1. Oh those puppies are the cutest things, hard to resist. I hope you feel well for Thanksgiving, and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel fine today, so I have no idea what yesterday was all about!
      Aren't those puppies the cutest? I enjoyed holding one for awhile, listening to his little puppy noises and accepting a few kisses...

      Delete
  2. How do you even look at a puppy and not want to take one home. I will not do it, I have no will power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did want to take one home. I really, really did. But somehow I managed to replace the little cutie with it's siblings and went back to work.

      Delete
  3. Puppies are so cute but sounds as though it wasn't time. After your trip and your retirement?
    Hope to goodness you're covid free. To your good health ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine today, thank you! Yes, I plan to find a cairn terrier puppy after we're done with some of our travels. May you have good health and happiness.

      Delete
  4. OMG puppies make my ovaries hurt.
    I know I won't be doing a puppy after Izzy passes, which won't be far away sadly. But then again never say never right? But now that I am retired I want to go more not less and it's hard with a dog to do that. I have to remind my self you see because I actually follow dogs on social media, I'm sick. I just love dogs.
    Happy Thanksgiving you and Romeo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to take home one of those puppies. They are so cute...they had these cute little ears, puppy breath (which I weirdly love), those tiny tails. That is why I sent a photo to Romeo, I just wanted to see how he would react. I can tell he is not at all ready, no matter how cute. Silly of me, but this Thanksgiving I am missing my Mom and Sioux (who of course loved the smells in the kitchen). It is not the same without either of them.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...