March 1, 2023

And here we are........

Monday was a beautiful and not so cold....we took a hike in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains with Demitri.  It's important to wear out the puppy!  He's been getting walks every day, if I'm in the middle of bread making or baking, Romeo goes out with him.  It's been so nice to have a bit warmer weather!

The oven is warming up.....thought I was ready to go, then realized I put the wrong baker in the oven to preheat.  Today I'm using this beast:

I call it a beast because it weighs 22 pounds.  Whew!  It's a real workout, especially when it's been preheating at 500f.  I only use it for bread, but I could use it for lots of other things.  

Our roadrunner is back, I've seen him on the Ring cam quite a few times.  It's great to see him/her hanging about, especially since they like to eat snakes.  I suppose they aren't finding any snakes yet, it's too cold!

It's Lent!  So, lots of church services at St George Greek Orthodox church.  I'm also in charge of the flowers for this weekend...I'll post a pic next week.  I love working with flowers, and it gives my creative juices a go.  

My bread is in the oven...this is one of my loaves that I sell, so I hope it turns out!  I have started a new process, and so far it's been going great.  You never know what you're going to get though.  Sourdough can be fickle.  Just took the lid off, and the bread looks lovely......sigh of relief!  Here it is:

It's a large loaf at 820g, going to a family of 7.  Some of the kids don't really like sourdough, so I also bake regular yeast loaves too.  

Here's a little entertainment.....Demitri going through the paces.

 
 

I hope you all have a great day and rest of the week!

Love, 365



8 comments:

  1. They learn quickly don't they? Cats train humans. Humans train dogs. We tried motivating our cat with treats and he would rather starve than do something for a treat. hey-ho. xxx F (and a disdainful Mr T)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs train humans too, and we discover it at the weirdest times. For example, Demitri has taken to jumping up on our respective chairs ~ and finds naughty things to chew that used to be on the side table...which are now gone, or in a place you have to get up to get to (like reading glasses). So, in this example he is training us to put away all our things. Which tend to pile up on said tables. Haha

      Delete
  2. The bread looks amazing on the outside. I bet it tastes wonderful.
    Demetri is so cute. Clever pup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clever has recently been replaced by naughty. Chewed two of my mobile phone cases, put some holes in the remote.....I still haven't told Romeo that he chewed through another electrical cord, which was luckily off.

      Delete
  3. I've never had a dog interested in food as a reward! It's a bit tricker to train a dog who'd rather not, thank you! Demetrius is great. Is he a cairn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cairn. A rather shaggy and unkempt cairn at that. He is rather reluctant to be brushed and I am scared to try the clippers for trimming ~ he is squiggly and squirmy.

      Delete
  4. Love the video of Demetri. Walks are what we are doing as well to wear out our puppy but she still has a little bit of energy right before bedtime and decided it is play time. I also love the bread. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demitri does have a little burst of playfulness right before bed, but I try not to indulge in anything much or I risk not being able to sleep!
      Thanks for the sweet comments on my bread too!

      Delete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...