July 27, 2023

Per Peggy: My Big Fat Greek Fight Over Butter.......the aftermath...


 Neither of the ladies in question came today.  Big sigh of relief for us all, haha.  I did hear a story that #1 grabbed #2's arms and left welts.  Personally I think that's a bunch of crap.  Ugh.  

So true!

********************************************************

About a month ago, I received both a jury summons and my colonoscopy prep kit on the same day in the mail.  Seems entirely appropriate and so funny.  

I haven't had a colonoscopy in 14 years or so.  My doctor insisted.  I still don't wanna.  Everyone says the prep is the worst part.  Which would be true except I always get sick after anesthesia.  Last time I had one, I felt nauseated as usual, so I had Romeo go get the car while I went to the restroom to throw up.  As it turned out, dry heaving while bent over releases all the gas they pump into you, so I had the longest fart ever.....it just went on and on, and I stated laughing, which released even more.  Tears, y'all, I was laughing so hard, tears squirted out of my eyes.  Romeo thought I was upset until I told him what happened in that bathroom.  My only regret was there wasn't anyone else in there to share in the hilarity.  :-)

I hate jury duty too, but not quite as much as having a colonoscopy.  I've been on juries before ~ oh are they boring.  At least while in the room waiting to see if they call my name, I can read something.  




One of the dentists I used to work for got out of jury duty after they asked him what books he reads, and his reply: the bible.
Sadly this is too true.  

 
Love, 365

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with them both. So funny about the fart!
    That last funny is so true. Those damn sports bras look so comfortable but the struggle to them on and off is so not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought one that I couldn't take of by myself until it stretched out a little :-)

      Delete
  2. Omg, thanks for the laughs! They should be able to put something in the aesthesia so you don't get sick. They did it for me and it was first time I didn't throw up. I HATE colonoscopies, so I understand your pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always put anti-nausea meds in my anesthesia. The problem is it doesn't help me too much. In a way, I'd like to have that dry heave thingy again, so I can get rid of all that gas they pump you up with. Could you imagine being in the stall next to me? Lol

      Delete
  3. What a hilarious post! So sorry about your really bad, no good mail day. I did discover one advantage to being old (70 something). I was permanently released from jury duty because of my age. I was able to e-mail my request to be dismissed to the court and got a response the next business day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that far from 70 something....I'll have to find out if I can be permanently dismissed too!

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...