August 4, 2023

Not certain where to begin............

 

Demitri does not like the heat.  After a morning walk he craps out for a few hours.  Haha, no intended pun to the next part of the story.

How did my colonoscopy go, you might ask.  Well.  It was all the fun you might guess it to be during the prep.  I followed all the instructions.  Thankful that I had thought ahead to buy depends so I didn't have to do a lot of laundry.  On Tuesday I had a rotten headache.  No ibuprofen allowed, so I just tried to take a nap to remedy it.  On the morning of the procedure I got up at 5 am to begin drinking the rest of the prep.  Making it beforehand and putting it in the fridge was a great suggestion ~ it really wasn't bad tasting.  Right around 9am I started getting a headache again.  Only this one was taking a bad turn, and by 9:30 I knew I was getting a migraine.  At 10:30 I was in so much pain, I took the ibuprofen anyway.  Called the Dr's office and told them what was going on.  They were ok with me coming in even though I took the pain meds, but I told the nurse that called that I am not getting into a car and being driven to an appointment, when all I want to do is lay down in a dark room and try to sleep it off.  

So I went through all that for nothing.  I was upset and crying on the phone ~ the thought of having to go through all this again was awful .  If (and I do mean if) I reschedule, it's not going to be for awhile.

Now, let me gross  you out.  Nah, I know you want to read it, haha

It's been a month since I've made bread, so yesterday and this morning I put the dough together for two loaves.  One sourdough recipe has an overnight proof (meaning you're waiting for the yeast do it's thing) and the other one you do what they call coil folds to develop the dough ~ which involves wetting your hands and lifting the dough in the center and let it fold over on itself.  You do this every 30 minutes for 4 or 5 times, or more until the dough is ready for the next step.  

Yesterday Demitri and I were playing ~ he likes me to throw his toys so he can bring it back, wrestle with it a bit and throw again.  He jumped to get the toy and my finger ended up being cut from those sharp teeth, so I put a band aide on it.  

You guessed, didn't you?  I was doing the coil fold, probably the 3rd time, and when I washed my hands I realized the dratted thing wasn't there anymore.  Aaaaaah!  It was not in the sink ~ it was in the dough.  It took me a few minutes to find it.  How very disgusting.  Guess we'll keep that loaf :-) and give away the other.  It's true what they say, you learn something new every day.  Not all of those things elicit the "cool!" response. 

Have an enjoyable weekend!

Love, 365

7 comments:

  1. Oh that colon prep is brutal, I can see why you were crying when you had to cancel after doing the prep. I had that procedure done three days ago. I hope your migraine stopped quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ luckily I felt fine after a few hours. Really, I just can't imagine myself going through that again!

      Delete
  2. Goodness what a trial for nothing. At least little Dmitri is there to ennsure you stsy sane (the heat of baking will deal with any addtional protein in the bread...takes a lot to gross us out in this house.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wound wasn't bleeding, it just hurt when it touched something. So there wasn't any blood or anything on it. I had washed my hands often during the process! But looking for a band aide in the dough (sort of the same color) was really disgusting. And I deflated the dough while doing that, so I had to do a few more. I know the heat in the oven, which is at 450 f would kill anything....but still! Icky

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, I'm with you completely. I've never had a colonoscoposy but K has had 2. That prep is horrible. I once had to have an enema before a gall bladder op. That was embarassing . The op was put off at the last moment and I don't want to schedule it again because of that pre-cleanse. Thankfully I've never had gall bladder pains since.
    As for the plaster. Such a damn nuisance when something like that happens. I've never lost a plaster but I've had to take precautions to keep blood out of dough. One hand kneading lol
    As Tigger says, the heat will blast any germs to kingdom come! Just don't tell anyone...except us. We wont tell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I'm so sorry you had to postpone. What a pain in the ass. Literally. I don't think I'd reschedule quickly either if this happened to me. You'd think they'd have a better way to test you without that awful prep.

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...