November 2, 2023

Why can't we talk to people anymore?....

 

3 years ago, we switched from Verizon to Xfinity for our cell service.  It was so great, we were paying about $25-30 a month.  My last bill was $86 ~ they recently changed the way the service works.  In the meantime, Verizon offers an unlimited plan for $25 per month.  So, I still need to figure out if I want to switch, which is such a pain.  

I called Xfinity, and the automated service sent me a link to the chat.  Normally I don't mind the chat, but with them the wait is long, and sometimes ~ as with this particular time ~ the first person I was chatting with dropped and I had to wait again for someone else to pick up the ball.  I even posted "can't I just talk to someone?" and that was ignored.  We could have actually spoken to each other and resolved this issue in minutes.  Instead I had to put up with texting each other.  

Remember when you could actually speak to someone?  I guess that's no longer an option.  AI is going to take over all this soon.  I might enjoy that better than being ignored.

After we go to Texas to have Thanksgiving with our boys and grandkids (yay!) we're going to the same breeder we got Demitri from to pick up this cute little girl.  We're naming her Zói (pronounced Zoey).  I never thought Romeo would agree to another dog, but he's as excited as I am.  At least I have a clear picture of puppy hood, because I recall every minute of last year!  I know it's crazy.  But I can't wait.  Demitri will enjoy having a buddy, although he might be a bit confused at first.  We've almost always had two dogs, but with Sioux's heath issues, it just wasn't a good time.  

So get ready for more puppy antics and adorable puppy pictures.

Love, 365




7 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great thanksgiving. Enjoy the new puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not crazy, puppies are exciting and fun...and work, but fun! If you could speak, you probably would not understand the accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute cutey! And don't we all know the frustrations of dealing with non-humans. There will be gaps in markets soon - big enough for real people to start boutique business for those of us who want to deal with real people. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am sick of automated chat. I guess it is a primitive form of AI - artificial all right, but not Intelligent! I think the very worst offender is Amazon. If ever I contact their help I get pages and pages of irrelevant rubbish written in weird English that doesn't answer my question. Partly as a result of this I've almost stopped buying from them now. I prefer eBay or even going to those places that you walk around and choose things off shelves.... what are they called... oh yes, "shops" :D

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...