September 30, 2017

It's gonna be a bright, sunshiny day

(Bing images)

(;)) It's a lovely Saturday morning, and I'm sitting here with my coffee at hand trying to plan out the day.  I need to get the tires rotated ~ start studying for the mid-term exam on 10/10 ~ do a bit of house cleaning :-( ~ go to the gym for a little workout.  Why "a little workout"?  Because I've been horribly negligent and will need to start out slow.  Bad, bad me.

Trivia: did you know Frank Lloyd Wright's son John developed Lincoln Logs?  I still love those......

I did finish my essay and turned it in on Thursday ~ my philosophy is, it's all in the professor's hands now, no sense being anxious about it.  Because I was out of town the weekend before it was due ~ and because I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on it while I was out of town (although I had my notebook and books with me, smh) I had to kick it every evening after work to get it done.  I missed Ladies Nite racquetball too.  Lazy, lazy me.


Although the mid-term is 11 days from today (and she's not giving us the study guide until the 5th) I figure I will start reviewing my notes.  Although she does spend about 15-20 min each class reviewing the material from the previous class, we still cover a lot of ground.  I'm still fretting over the class I missed, as I don't see many people in class taking notes I didn't feel there was anyone worth asking to give me a copy of theirs after I returned.  I suppose I take tons of notes because the simple act of writing them down helps me remember.  I've already learned that there are times that the professor mentions things during the lecture that are on exams but not in our readings.  Oh, and the older woman I mentioned I didn't see in class is back, so I guess I've just missed seeing her.  I don't know if she's taking the class or just auditing it, not that it matters.

Suppose I should get started.....hope you all have a great weekend!
Love, 365

4 comments:

  1. Taking notes and even writing down things I am studying while studying always helped me remember the material also, when I was taking classes I noticed the people who took notes were always the ones who did better.

    A great weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last semester I started taking notes on the computer, then Romeo told me I should go back to writing. It seems like a dangerous precedent to let him know he's right, but he was right. Lol

      I do notice that many of my peers in class might write 1/2 a page of notes by the end of class, and here I have 1 1/2 to 2. Some don't ever write anything down. I am alternately envious of their prodigious memory or shake my head. I want to keep my honor's status. Not that it matters. It's just personal for me.

      Delete
  2. I just give you huge kudos for taking classes and being in college now. I am not certain I could do this, although I am far older than you. But I have to say having taken a realtor class a couple years ago that I was the only one "writing" notes. I find writing helps me remember more than typing for some reason. I don't know if it's just because i"m an old fart and it is what I am used to or if there is something to the actual writing it down and remembering it better. When I tried to type notes I found I was correcting typos and then things said and going back. Not good so this old gal went back to pen and paper. God I sound ancient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Peg, if only I had a dollar for everyone who tells me so. Sometimes I think I'm just out of my freaking gourd, although most times I do love it. I wish I had felt like this when I was 20. I'm the definition of "late bloomer", lol. It's kind of funny though how in some classes everyone uses a computer, and others not. Our professor has already told us not to bring computers unless there is a reading she posted online. Still, I see my classmates surfing the web while in class, which is likely why she doesn't want them.
      Romeo read something about the act of writing and how it commits the notes to memory better than computer notes. So it's not just us old farts! It would benefit the youngsters I'm currently in class with too.....I think they find it to be too much trouble.

      Delete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...