September 3, 2017

Nooooooo.........

And so one dragon rises from the dead.....(bing images)

Here we were, happily planting ourselves in front of the TV on Sunday night to watch Game Of Thrones....for 7 blissful weeks.  Even though the words "season finale" were on the last episode, I didn't notice or think that meant we would be forced to wait until 2018 to see the rest of the final season.  Stupidly I thought that the entire last season would be played out.  I guess I'll cancel my subscription to HBO until next year.  

Wow, it was a great beginning of the end though, wasn't it?  Especially gratifying was Little Finger's demise.  Terrifying though to see the white walker dragon make its debut.  Not surprising to see Jaime finally realize that Cersei is a pathological killer who knows almost no bounds.  Surprising that Tyrian left that meeting with his life.  

Oh, well.  Now I'll have to wait at least six months to watch the final ~ final ~ season.
************************************************

Sunday didn't go its usual way all day.....I left for racquetball at the usual time, but no one else showed up.  One had tweaked her back, the other complained about her shoulder.  I think that in the future, I will not plan on playing the Sunday after a major tournament.  I suppose everyone was tired and sore.  I just wish they had let me know!  I practiced for awhile, then did a workout, which left me tired and exhausted.  I really need to work on improving my fitness.  I've been a slacker.

I did manage to do some touch-up painting that has been waiting in the wings for months and months.  I only managed half of it though, because I discovered I don't have a nice touch-up brush or painters tape.  I made do with a disposable brush and a damp microfiber towel.  It looks good though.  Now I'm ready for the larger job with the lighter paint color. Today I touched up the darker color, and all of this is on our stairwell which we upgraded to wood early last year.  It was a long project, and really the treads need touch-up already.  We should have sprung for the oak, the pine is too soft.  
****************************************************

No matter how disappointing Sunday was ~ well, only partially disappointing anyway ~ I am glad to be off tomorrow.  It'll give me a chance to catch up on class reading and do some other chores.  

Happy Labor Day!
Love, 365

5 comments:

  1. O.K., Gloria O'Keefe, go do it! No, wait, I said that to another blogger today. Well, paint on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay you were far more productive than me this past weekend. I was very lazy. It was wonderful. And I am the only living person with HBO who never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones. Yes, I hear you gasping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, only a few of my co-workers watch, so I'm aware that Game of Thrones doesn't appeal to everyone. Let me reiterate: I know there are people who don't watch it, I just don't understand why, haha.

      In a month, Walking Dead comes back for a new season. So, there's that. Now that one I get why some folks don't want to watch....the brutality is difficult to watch even for fans.

      Delete
  3. good topic thanks for post for sharing on website ..
    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete

Drivers just wanna be first........

 This is my signature meme for drivers, haha.  I remember drivers ed....we've seen the consequences on the highway and streets when peop...