September 15, 2017

Oh, for the love of Pete....

Bing images

This semester has been an eye-opener for me......I've never had a class this early (9:30am), so my first trip to class surprised me with the sheer numbers of students rushing to class.  I had to find a new place to park as all my usual haunts were full and discover a new route to UNM due to construction.  

The class I'm taking "History of American Catholicism" sounded interesting.  I would have preferred "History of Religion", but this was the time frame my coworkers agreed upon for me to be gone from work as the least disruptive.  Although I was initially skeptical about the class, it is slowly becoming more interesting since the prof. is approaching the subject from a historical point of view.  We have our first essay due in a couple of weeks, but it should be fairly easy.  I'll probably have to pull the words out kicking and screaming, but I don't anticipate any other problems.

I must say though, that I feel more cognizant of my age.  Most of the students I encounter this time of day are quite young.  There was a student in the first two classes that was older than I am, but she has apparently dropped the class.  This is the time when classes typically thin out, with students figuring out they've overscheduled, or the class wasn't what they hoped.

One of our co-workers quit as her partner had an opportunity present itself in California.  We are hoping that a new dental assistant is found soon, although since the Dr they will be working with is going to be out for a week with their new baby.  So, although there will be tons of rescheduling, at least we'll have a little more time to look.

It's been a loooooong week.  I'm glad for the weekend, and some time to get things done before I leave on Thursday for son #1's wedding.  And what a knock-up that's turned out to be.  I did end up renting a car, which cost twice as much as I thought, and as my son isn't going to be out of town, he offered to get me a hotel, which I gratefully accepted.  Truthfully I would have felt a little weird sleeping in his bed, haha.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.....
Love, 365

3 comments:

  1. I think that I would have had a problem with "History of American Catholicism", since I have a problem with religion. But who am I to say anything about that, I just dropped out of college not only once, but three times. I guess I had to figure out, that I am not college material, the hard way. LOL.

    Enjoy your weekend to the fullest my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am currently "a non-believer", haha. But religion is a fascinating subject and such an integral part of the story! Know your adversary well and all that.

      I'm rather late to the boat as far as college is concerned, but I do love it. My youngest would consider it a prison sentence :-)

      Thanks for your comment! And enjoy...

      Delete
  2. good topic thanks for post for sharing on website ..
    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete

Spring has sprung, let the gardening begin....

  This show of blooms was just the beginning! Of course they smell amazing, and all the pollinators think so too. Windows and back door open...